What are you Cooking the week of April 5, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of April 5, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Probably leftovers from yesterday's take-out pizza (and lasagna) here today.

Spread the word
      RiversideLen
      Participant

Spaghetti with leftover meatballs today. I'll make some broccoli with it.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I mixed leftover cooked ground turkey that I'd frozen after we had pizza a couple weeks ago and combined it with the leftover spinach noodles, broccoli, and mushroom mixture I made two nights ago. All dinner leftovers are gone, and we begin anew tomorrow.

chocomouse
          Participant

Mushroom soup and birdseed rolls.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

I had homemade pizza,my husband wanted leftover lima bean soup and a tomato sandwich.

Italiancook
              Participant

I made potato salad and egg salad for a "I'm not going to cook" day.

BakerAunt
                Participant

Everyone needs some of those "I'm not going to cook" days, Italian Cook. 🙂

My husband cooked boneless pork ribs on the stove tonight, and I roasted some cut-op red potatoes tossed in olive oil and sprinkled with Penzey’s Bavarian Seasoning and a bit of salt. I like using the small countertop convection oven for that purpose. We microwaved frozen peas to complete the meal.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

My husband went river fishing today and caught 7 red bellies and a shell cracker so I fried fresh fish,coleslaw,cheese grits and hush puppies.It was so good and I'm still full.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I made a hamburger, mashed potato and broccoli, cauliflower and carrot.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

We had leftover pork for Tuesday night dinner, with some millet I cooked in turkey/chicken broth from the freezer. We also had very nice microwaved frozen mixed vegetables. These are Gordon Food Services, so it was a 2.5 lb. bag that we found at our local grocery for $3.99. Not only was the price great, but the mix was carrots, peas, corn, green beans, and baby lima beans—much better than what we usually get in smaller bags. We were low on frozen vegetables, and this variety is welcomed.

RiversideLen
                        Participant

I made a patty melt and chicken veg soup.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

I made marinated grilled chicken in some Italian dressing,thickened potatoes and leftover steamed cabbage and sausage we had a few days ago.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

Last night I made millet and deliberately made extra, so on Wednesday, I used it to make lunches for me for the next several days. I pulled out some black beans that I’d cooked and frozen a while back. After sautéing some onion and garlic in olive oil, I added a can of tomatoes with chilis. I added the beans, then the millet. I realized that I needed more sauce, so I added a second can of tomatoes with chilis. I also put in ¼ tsp. Penzey’s Pico & Gallo seasoning. I consider my creation to have a “kick,” but people who like very hot and spicy likely would disagree. I have enough for several more lunches, and it will satisfy my urge for spicy for a while.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by BakerAunt.
                              chocomouse
                              Participant

I've been wondering how to use the Pico de Gallo seasoning. I haven't liked anything I've used it in. I think I'll add a little, maybe 1/2 teaspoon, to the bean soup I made last weeks. It needs a little something.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

What's in your pico de gallo seasoning? Probably several kinds of peppers and/or chilis and perhaps paprika of some kind. Beans sounds like a good thing to pair it with. You might also be able to use it like a good jerk seasoning. (So many of the packaged ones are too mild.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.