What are you Cooking the Week of April 2, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of April 2, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I'm planning to make a chicken pot pie for supper tonight.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

For Sunday dinner, I made a stir-fry. I cooked a cup of farro in the bland chicken broth I made for my husband last week. In a large pan, I browned ground turkey, removed it, then stir-fried baby carrots from the farmers' market, the rest of the celery, half of an orange bell pepper, a red bell pepper, and 8 oz. sliced mushrooms. I returned the ground turkey to the pan and added the farro. My husband still needs to take it easy on spices, or I would have added some sage or thyme, particularly with the bland chicken broth. Although my palate missed the spices (his did not), at least I had different textures.

RiversideLen
        Participant

I made a small pizza and chicken veggie soup.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

We had a hamburger steak and a baked sweet potato.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had hamburger vegetable soup and pimento cheese sandwiches leftovers from the weekend, so no cooking for me tonight.

BakerAunt
              Participant

We had the leftover turkey, vegetable, and farro stir-fry for dinner on Monday, so for me, like Joan, no cooking tonight!

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We had more of the chicken pot pie, the rest will be lunch tomorrow. Which means I need to figure out something for supper. :sigh:

chocomouse
                  Participant

Mike, that is the worst part about cooking and baking! I absolutely hate figuring out what to make for tonight!! I try to make a menu for the week, knowing I can shuffle things from one day to another if needed. And new thoughts, recipes, cravings, etc can wait and go on the menu for next week!

navlys
                    Participant

Most of the snow birds left before us so we got a lot what was left in their freezer or refrigerator. So I made flatbread pizza with sausage and pineapple and mozzarella cheese.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

We had char grilled chicken breast, creamed corn and leftover green butter beans.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

Navlys--When people gift you their unused food, do you feel like a contestant on Chopped? Your pizza sounds delicious.

For Tuesday night's dinner, I improvised a soup using the rest of that bland broth mixed with a container of my regular broth. I sauteed red and yellow bell pepper and mushrooms in olive oil, browned some ground turkey, added the broths, 1 cup of brown lentils and ½ cup of red lentils, before adding cubed butternut squash. I added a teaspoon of sage and some dried parsley before letting it come to a boil then simmer for 40 minutes. My husband liked it a lot, as did I. It was a good way to use butternut squash from autumn. I have two more to go. I am pleased at how well they have kept in a cool location.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

My wife got some nice tomatoes from the hydroponics lab at UNL today, so we had BLT's.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

We had salads tonight, using another of the tomatoes. I had tuna fish with mine.

chocomouse
                              Participant

We had roasted chicken thighs, wild rice, and butternut squash.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

We had takeout taco's from a local Mexican Restaurant.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.