What are you Baking the Week of October 2, 2022?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of October 2, 2022?

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

Your brownies will be very interesting to see when they're cut! They surely won't look like the pile of gummi worms they resemble now.

Today I made English muffins.

aaronatthedoublef
      Participant

More rainbow blondie pictures. I think there are over baked but there is so much butter and so much white chocolate that I don't think it mattered. There is 223g of butter and 208g of white chocolate. The recipe said bake for 30-40 minutes and I think they were done at 20. I went for another 5. And we just had our oven fixed and adjusted so it's pretty accurate.

The colors are a little subtle for me but Violet is happy.

Rainbow-Blondies-baked-2-small-10072022

Rainbow-Blondies-baked-2-small-10072022

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Here's a pretty good picture of what they look like, or maybe just what a food stylist can make them look like. Not sure I care for the frosting squiggle on top, though.

The colors are more distinct, I'm not sure that's due to baking, I wonder if they used gel food colors and/or more than the recipe called for?

https://www.today.com/recipes/duff-goldman-s-rainbow-unicorn-brownies-recipe-t192893

My wife says she doesn't understand blondies, isn't the whole point to consume chocolate??

aaronatthedoublef
          Participant

That's the same picture in the cookbook. Ours are quite a bit thinner which may be the result of overbaking or too big a pan. I think I used a 9x9 but maybe it's bigger. I'll measure it.

We skipped the icing on top which is more white chocolate. Oddly while the recipe calls for chopped white chocolate for the blondies it says to use white chocolate chips for the icing.

Mike, to your wife, I've known some poor, unfortunate souls who were allergic to chocolate. And on the Kids Baking Championship they used have a blondie v brownie competition.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

If they're allergic to chocolate, they are likely allergic to white chocolate as well.

White chocolate chips have stabilizers which makes them more solid and difficult to melt fully, so they don't work well in batters or dough unless you want solid chunks.

The sister of a friend of our younger son is allergic to so many foods it's almost faster to list the things she can eat, mostly fruits and vegetables and not all of those. No meat or fish proteins, no grains, no nuts, no dairy.

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.