What are you Baking the Week of May 16, 2021?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of May 16, 2021?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

Today I baked two loaves of oatmeal whole wheat bread.

kimbob
      Participant

Made regular banana bread and gf raspberry filled almond bars on Tuesday for my friend. Today made regular raspberry filled almond bars which taste a little better. I used Bob's red mill 1 for 1 gf flour. The bars were a little grainy/sandy. Not bad but not as good as regular flour.

navlys
        Participant

I committed myself to bake cc cookies for the gentleman in our community who helped put
          our flag up. I found a new cookie recipe online that used an extra 1/4 tsp baking soda and all brown sugar. I preheated my oven and scooped out my cookies on sheet and placed them in the oven. When I tried to set timer on oven it would not set and read "your oven door is open". I couldn't get oven door to close. I checked the internet which suggested pressing the lock button which was a mistake. My oven locked (not door) turned itself off with my cookies melting but not baking in the oven. A call to whirlpool and a trip to the fuse box turned the lock button off but did not fix my door. I tried baking some cookies in my toaster oven. Bad idea. So I baked the cookies with a semi closed door and no timer. The cookies were all different shades of brown. Some turned out like brownie brittle. My husband has eaten most of them anyway. I had the oven door fixed and baked another batch of cookies. It turned out to be a good recipe from Cookies & Cups.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by navlys.
          BakerAunt
          Participant

Oh, Navlys--what an ordeal!

chocomouse
            Participant

Navlys, what a great husband you have!! How stressful, but at least you now have a new good recipe!

Today I baked cinnamon chip scones. While hunting for the cinnamon chips I knew I had, I found a part bag of the pre-cooked masa harina that I use for arepas! I've added those to my future baking list.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I started a batch of Challah tonight, I plan to follow a suggestion in the BBGA forums and divide the dough and shape it into rough logs tonight, refrigerate them, and roll them out for braiding tomorrow.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Navlys so glad all turned out well in the end.

navlys
                  Participant

Thanks for your empathy. I'm sure you all have similar stories!

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

I was waiting for the surprise ending, like your neighbor is allergic to chocolate!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.