What are you Baking the Week of June 5, 2022?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of June 5, 2022?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I think your challah look great, even the darkest of them.

I haven't made challah in a while, not sure I could do a 7-strand braid right now without some practice, even a 3-strand can come out lopsided if you don't pay attention. One of these days I'm going to make another attempt at a 6-strand, I'd still like to figure out how the one in 'Deli Man' was done!

I wont' be doing much baking the next week, it's time for the annual Barstow Alexander Institute, which is back to being in-person after last year's online version. And it's supposed to be in the 90's most of the next week, too, rather hot for baking. I might have to try some baking in my new grill when it comes next week, though. (For sure I will be trying pizza in it!)

chocomouse
      Participant

Today I made a carrot cake. I baked it in a 9 x 12" pan, and will freeze half for later. Carrot cake is one of my favorites, but I rarely make it, so it will be a real treat.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I baked my Whole Wheat Sourdough Cheese Crackers from dough that I made last Sunday. My husband finished off the last batch yesterday.

cwcdesign
          Participant
            BakerAunt
            Participant

Alas, CWCdesign--the recipe still includes a stick of butter. However, I have found an oil-based lemon cookie that I plan to try.

cwcdesign
              Participant

Then it’s not an olive oil cookie🙄 it’s an olive oil “flavored” cookie. I didn’t bother to read it because I’ve never seen an olive oil sweet baked item recipe that had butter.

BakerAunt
                Participant

Oops. Moved my entry to the correct thread.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

Those loaves look great, Aaron! I want the dark one!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.