Science and Cooking class

Home Forums Cooking โ€” (other than baking) Science and Cooking class

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    aaronatthedoublef
    Participant

Hi,

I know there was a discussion of molecular cooking before. This is for an online class at Harvard. I believe you can take it for free unless you want credit towards a certificate or degree.

The instructors are a mathematician, a physicist, and a science of cooking teacher.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I think this may be the same course they ran about 2 years ago, or at least very similar. I tried to get started in that, but it had a weekly time requirement that I estimated at 10 hours or more a week, and I just didn't have that much time available back then. Now that I'm retired, maybe I'll have more time. ๐Ÿ™‚

aaronatthedoublef
        Participant

There are a bunch of classes offered here through something called EdX. Most through Harvard and MIT. Many are free unless you're looking to be verified. And many also seem to be offered once a quarter or so.

There are some on WordPress if you're interested in that too.

I know what you mean about being busy. I've signed up for a Python class twice and I've yet to go past the intro.

But this time for SURE!

BakerAunt
          Participant

If anyone actually does these courses, let us know. I'll be retiring next year, so I could actually devote the time to a class.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I'm posting a link that discusses how patients who undergo chemotherapy and radiation can lose their sense of taste and smell, and how some neuroscientists and chefs are working toward perhaps helping them regain it. I never thought of food science in this way before. It's a great article:

Italiancook
              Participant

I didn't know these patients face the risk of losing these senses.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.