First aid!!

Home Forums General Discussions First aid!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    kimbob
    Participant

Ok, I was making mommies buns and wanted them to get done to take the dog to the park. Took the two cookie sheets out of the oven. Then I wanted to move one of the sheets and grabbed it with my bare hand!! WTH?! Burned 3 fingers and it really REALLY burned/hurt. Sigh now I can't knit. ๐Ÿ˜ญ had my fingers soaking in cool water but whenever I took them out, they had their own heartbeat and burned a lot. Mom said put vaseline on them to block the air and bandaids. It worked!! Why didn't I know that? Sigh

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Aloe is good for burns, too.

kimbob
        Participant

Yes, but had no aloe. Only bacitracin, neosporin and vaseline. Geez.

BakerAunt
          Participant

No judgment here, Kimbob--I've also absentmindedly grabbed a hot pan. Best wishes for quick healing. I'd hate to have my cross stitching interrupted like that.

chocomouse
            Participant

I didn't know that about vaseline either!

RiversideLen
              Participant

Sorry about your mishap, Kimbob, I never knew that about Vaseline either.

kimbob
                Participant

Yeah, I put big globs on each burn and covered loosely with a bandaid. I couldn't believe the relief. Mom said it prevents the air from hitting it which makes it burn. ๐Ÿ˜Š I don't care what I take out of the oven from now on I'm putting gloves on BOTH hands. What a dope I am!

Italiancook
                  Participant

I guess I'll put Vaseline on my shopping list. I didn't know it had a kitchen use.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

If you google it, there's a lot of mixed opinion on whether Vaseline is good for burns. Several MD sites recommend against it.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

I've used honey on small burns. Doing so means remembering that the spot is sticky.

kimbob
                        Participant

I did read that also, Mike. My skin wasn't broken so not sure if that's what they're referring to. All I know is that the deep burn stopped once I put on the vaseline. Last night I washed my hands and put bandaids on. I just have blisters now. Whew. Knitting today! Happy dance.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

I think the idea is to seal in moisture, which Vaseline or honey would do. However, it's one of those "not for a serious burn" ideas.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.