Did You Cook Anything Interesting the Week of July 31, 2016?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) Did You Cook Anything Interesting the Week of July 31, 2016?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I want to second what cwcdesign said last week about being thankful for the farmers who bring produce to our local farmer's markets. I don't have that in my part of Texas, so I am enjoying the one near me in Indiana. Almost every meal has been accompanied by sweet corn. After all, we must eat it while it is in season! This week my husband handled the meat cooking, and I took care of the vegetables.My husband cooked pork chops for Sunday dinner, which we re-ran on Monday. On Tuesday, I sautéed vegetables, mostly from the Farmer's Market, then combined them with the leftover pork and the drippings I'd saved from the pan. These were mixed with soba noodles and served warm. We had it cold as leftovers the next two nights, served on a bed of spinach, the second night with fresh tomato on top. My husband cooked a turkey breast on Friday, and I sautéed some zucchini in olive oil with some garlic, then sprinkled it with grated parmesan and some pepper. For Saturday lunch, I made a macaroni salad using onion, tomato, and banana peppers. For tonight, I boiled new potatoes in the drippings from the turkey breast and steamed green beans.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I made the tilapia with tomato sauce, dill and parsley recipe that I've been working on for my wife (she had been out of town for my earlier trials), she said it almost made the tilapia tolerable. (She much prefers orange roughy, but that's OK because I prefer salmon to tilapia myself.)

cwcdesign
        Participant

On Tuesday, I made our favorite chicken salad with grapes and cornbread. On Thursday, I tried a recipe for spinach artichoke dip quesadillas - ok but not great. I think the author used smaller tortillas than I did, not enough filling in them. I think I'd do it again with a different recipe for the filling.

luvpyrpom
          Participant

The only thing I can really remember making that might be interesting is Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings. The original recipe uses boneless and skinless chicken and I decided to use chicken wings instead. Otherwise, just ate stuff I had in the freezer - wonton and noodles.

rottiedogs
            Participant

This week I made stuffed peppers and grilled lamb chops with stuffed mushrooms. They are a favorite off the grill around here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.