Cuisinart Food Processor Recall

Home Forums General Discussions Cuisinart Food Processor Recall

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

My replacement blade arrived today. I won't be able to give it a test run for a while, because the food processor is already packed. I requested it in January.

cwcdesign
      Participant

Well, that's encouraging BA because I know you signed up before I did. I still used mine yesterday to purée some tomatoes for a quick pasta sauce.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by cwcdesign.
        RiversideLen
        Participant

I'm blown away, not in a good way, about how long those blade replacements are taking for you guys.

LauraVA
          Participant

Hah! For once, being a slowpoke paid off...My f/p hasn't been used since I moved back to VA, from Florida. It did meet the criteria for the recall, but since I didn't really need it for anything, I neglected to order the replacement when the announcement was made. The one we use at the bakery died, so I brought mine in, last week. I signed up under the recall notice online on 6/5, and received my new blade yesterday. I hardly ever used mine at home anyway...lol...it's about 15 years old, and has been used perhaps 10 times. I sure hope everyone else get theirs SOON!

BakerAunt
            Participant

Hi, Laura! It's good to see you posting again.

There were a lot of blades to be replaced, and Cuisinart had to manufacture, then ship them. I hope that Cwcdesign gets hers soon. I wonder if Italian Cook's blade arrived. We haven't heard from her for a while.

cwcdesign
              Participant

Nice to "see" you again, Laura. And, I'm jealous - I'm sort of off the beaten trail, but if it doesn't come today, I think I will call and complain.

luvpyrpom
                Participant

I think I put in my request for a replacement blade around the holidays. Just got my new blade 2 weeks ago. I never got an email or letter stating that I would be getting one soon. It just showed up in my mailbox. Of course, I have been using my old blade prior to the arrival of the new one. I mainly use it to ground up cookies to make crusts.

cwcdesign
                  Participant

Well, I finally called Cuisinart - the recall number is no longer in service so I had to go to Customer Service - all they could tell me is that I am still in queue and it has not been shipped - they could not tell me where in queue or an approximate ship date. And, could not explain why Laura's would have been shipped first when she ordered it 5 months after I did. I guess the good news is they haven't lost my information.

Italiancook
                    Participant

cwc, I just called the number I have for the Cuisinart recall line, and it worked. Try this number and ask for a supervisor. Number: 1-877-339-2534. The reason to ask for the supervisor is that I was told they're the only ones who can give you a shipping date and arrival date. When I called in early June, the supervisor told me my blade would arrive on the 19th. It did not, but it arrived 3 or 4 days later. I assume the delay was the post office, because a package I ordered also arrived late.

cwcdesign
                      Participant

I just went to doublecheck that I called the correct number - somehow I hit the asterisk first - palm to forehead - I'll try again. Thanks Italincook

Got a nice person - for some reason mine's not due to ship until July. I told her about Laura ordering in June and already receiving hers Anna said it wasn't right. Now it could be that Laura's was a different model number than mine. The customer service person agreed that it didn't seem right and placed an additional order for me in case they're filling the newest ones first - I'll keep you posted

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by cwcdesign.
                        cwcdesign
                        Participant

It finally arrived today!!! I had the call to see which order so they could cancel the other. She asked if it fit - I tried it and it did - turns out some of them don't. Can you imagine waiting this long to get one that didn't fit. Yuck

Italiancook
                          Participant

Thanks, cwc, for mentioning the fit. When my blade arrived, my husband washed it before setting it on top of the old blade in the food processor. I haven't had to use it, so I hadn't discarded the old one. After reading it might not fit, I rushed to the kitchen to check the new blade. Frustration! The new blade is too loose -- too big at the opening! It doesn't fit as snugly as the old blade.

Because I waited so long for the new blade, I've decided to stay calm until I have to use it the first time. If it makes a rattling sound, or if it performs incorrectly, I'll call Cuisinart. In the meantime, I decided to keep the old blade, instead of disposing of it as the company suggests.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

Oh, dear. My blade arrived after the food processor (with its old blade) was packed. I have the new one where I can get to it, but I've not unpacked the food processor yet. We are going into a renovation, so I'm trying not to unpack too much, but we do not yet know when the contractor will be able to start the job.

Italiancook
                              Participant

Take heart, BakerAunt, your new blade probably has a high statistical chance to be the right fit. Surely, not fitting is the anomaly.

I hope your contractor can start sooner rather than later, so you can enjoy your new home in its fullest.

rottiedogs
                                Participant

I got my replacement blade awhile back but I haven't had cause to use the food processor so I didn't check it. After reading there may be a size problem I checked it. Sure enough, as Italiancook said, the new blade does not fit as snug as the old one. I, too, am keeping both until I see what happens with the new one. I never had a problem with the old one and my Cuisinart is at least 20 years old.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.