Cuisinart Food Processor Recall

Home Forums General Discussions Cuisinart Food Processor Recall

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    cwcdesign
    Participant

That was easy! I called, had to wait only a couple of minutes and had a very polite man take my information and at the end he apologized for any inconvenience it may have caused me. I should have my new blade within 2 weeks.

Italiancook
      Participant

cwc, if you have time, would you please post when you receive your new blade. You were told 2 weeks; I was told 3-4 weeks. I'm antsy to receive mine. I have the attachments, so I was able to grate Parmesan today using the Cuisinart. And I can slice veggies with other attachments. Nevertheless, I mostly use the blade and miss it.

luvpyrpom
        Participant

Well, I called the reccall line today and was told that it would be 3-4 weeks before my replacement came. It's funny, they asked me how I found out about the recall and I said the food blog and there was silence at the other end. I want to use my blade as it was made in Japan not China. Good thing I have a mini food processor - don't have much to process (just a couple cups of rolled oats and cornmeal).

BakerAunt
          Participant

Now that I'm home in Texas, I called the recall line. My new blade will be shipped in anywhere from 4-8 weeks, as they are backlogged (hardly surprising, given how many food processors are out there). The representative did say it would arrive FedEx and that I would be emailed when it ships.

cwcdesign
            Participant

I guess we weren't the only ones to wait until after the New Year to call. Let's see if I actually have mine by next week. If I don't, you'll be sure I'll call. . .

Italiancook
              Participant

I was told my new blade would arrive in 3-4 weeks. Today is 4 weeks and no blade in sight. Of course, it could still come today. I'm planning on calling them tomorrow.

Italiancook
                Participant

I called the Cuisinart recall line today. I was told that there's a backorder. My blade will arrive "in a few weeks." I asked how long a few weeks is. I was told they don't know.

If anyone receives a blade, please post it here, if you have time.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

Cuisinart sent me an email today. They said that they are producing new blades as fast as they can, but they are still behind. They promise an email when the blade ships.

They did include a link to a free interactive recipe book to download for those people who are waiting for their blades.

navlys
                    Participant

Did you try that recipe link? I did and it didn't work.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

I tried to download it, and it "stuck" at a particular point. I was not sure if it was my computer or the site. As you have also had trouble, clearly it is the site. I will try again later this week.

cwcdesign
                        Participant

I received the same email, but I haven't tried the link yet. Wonder when we'll get the blades...

Italiancook
                          Participant

thanks, BakerAunt, for the blade update. I hope mine arrives before Easter.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

Well, at least Easter comes late this year.

Bronx
                              Participant

It has been about 6 weeks for me and still haven't received the replacement blade yet. I was able to download the recipe book on Wednesday, so if you have had trouble getting the link to work keep trying. Cuisinart probably sent the email en masse and too many people were trying to download it initially.

Thanks for all your welcome posts, it is appreciated.

Bronx

cwcdesign
                                Participant

Just got an email from Cuisinart with the headline "we're making Valentine's a little sweeter this year." I thought they were going to say they were shipping blades ? No such luck - they were selling red appliances ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.