Cuisinart Food Processor Recall

Home Forums General Discussions Cuisinart Food Processor Recall

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Italiancook
    Participant

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cuisinart-food-processors-recalled-by-conair-due-to-laceration-hazard/

Hopefully, the above link will take you to an article that lists the model numbers being recalled. The model number is on the bottom of the machine, at least on mine. Yes, mine is a recalled one.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Thanks, Italian Cook!

I have the DLC-7 (an oldie but goodie), and yes, mine is on the recall list. I did try to go to the Cuisinart site, but the link given at the bottom of the article only took me to that irritating: "This page cannot be displayed" message. It could be that a lot of people have overwhelmed the website. If I cannot get to it later, then I will phone.

I've also notified my sister and her oldest son who have older Cuisinarts.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by BakerAunt.
        Italiancook
        Participant

Good luck reaching them by phone. I've tried doing that all day, but each time the phone rings as busy. If I can't reach them tonight, I'm going to dig out my instruction booklet and snail mail them a letter tomorrow. I even went to gethuman.com to see if they had a different phone number. That site has the same one as is listed on the bottom of my food processor.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I figure that there are a LOT of Cuisinart food processors out there. It may take a bit of time for them to work through all the calls. Although I'm pretty sure that mine was made before 1996, I note that the blade does have the four rivets. According to my sister, it concerns products once Cuisinart started manufacturing in China. (Where have we heard THAT before?)

Apparently, 8 million food processors are involved: little wonder that the website is unavailable and the phones overwhelmed.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by BakerAunt.
            BakerAunt
            Participant

I was actually able to get to a Cusinart page on the recall. It says to fill out a form, but there is no form. I tried calling, but like Italian Cook, all I got was a busy signal.

Italiancook
              Participant

Late last night I was able to reach the Cuisinart number. It had a message to call a different number. That phone number is: 1-877-339-2534.

I've managed to obtain a recording at that number, by using the redial button on my phone. But the message says they can't take my call.

I'm sure they're overwhelmed, but this is annoying so close to Christmas. I depend on my food processor. My husband is worried that when I get a real person, the blades will be on back order because of the demand. (I decided not to snail mail.)

cwcdesign
                Participant

The Cuisinart I bought at the yard sale is also part of the recall. I tried once to load the page, but no luck. They do say it's a "voluntary" challenge. I don't know if I'll be using mine over the holidays or not, but I'll keep trying to get through.

cwcdesign
                  Participant
                    Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

Well, it doesn't appear that our current Cuisinart is on the recall list, so at least I don't have to spend time trying to get that taken care of. I don't use it a lot, but there are some tasks for which a food processor is the best tool to use.

Bronx
                      Participant

I was a longtime lurker at the KAF forum but was never a registered user. My cooking skills are such that I never thought I had much if anything to contribute.

After reading this thread I had to register to thank you for posting it. I have one of the recalled Cuisinart blades and wouldn't have known about the recall otherwise.

I had no problem getting to the recall form. If anyone else had problems try again.

Bronx

Italiancook
                        Participant

Welcome, Bronx. It's good to see you here. I'm glad you had no trouble accessing the Cuisinart recall form online. I've had no luck reaching them by phone, so I'll try their site. Thanks for the information. If you have time, please let us know when your new blade arrives.

Like you, I lurked on the KAF site but never posted there. I don't bake anything fancy or experiment with what I do bake. But I think the people who post on this site are friendly and helpful, so I post. It's a nice community.

Hope to hear from you again.

S_Wirth
                          Participant

Bronx...so nice to see you here and I hope you will join us more in the days ahead. I'm not a fancy cook or baker but I have been doing much of both for more than 57 years, so I have plenty of tips and tricks to share along with some flops and not-so-great results, as well. The folks here are nice and helpful.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

My experience on both this forum and the KAF forums has been that some of the best questions AND some of the best answers have come from people who "didn't think they had much to contribute."

So, everyone is welcome! Remember, there are no 'dumb questions', there are only ones that didn't get asked.

Italiancook
                              Participant

FINALLY, I was able to reach someone at the Cuisinart recall phone number. I was told it'd take 3 to 4 weeks for the new blade to arrive.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Italiancook.
                                BakerAunt
                                Participant

Welcome, Bronx! Thanks for letting us know that the site is now functional. I tried the site again, and this time it is working. Unfortunately, we've just arrived in Indiana for the holidays, and I don't have the complete model number (just know that it is a DLC-7). so I will have to wait until we are back in Texas in January to check.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.