Cuisinart Food Processor Recall

Home Forums General Discussions Cuisinart Food Processor Recall

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

My latest email from Cuisinart says that my blade will be shipped sometime between June 1 and July 15, 2017. As we plan to move at the end of June, I hope it gets here before we leave the state.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

They must have totally underestimated the demand for the replacement blades. Even though I seldom use my food processor, I'm glad mine wasn't one of the affected models.

I'm kind of amazed that the media hasn't picked up on this. I guess people who actually cook are just a fringe group compared to cell phone owners.

Italiancook
        Participant

Thanks, BakerAunt, for posting. I called the recall line today and was told they were still on back order. When I asked when mine would arrive, I was told, "We don't know." So at least you received a more precise answer. I hope yours arrives before you move. I don't know why Cuisinart is not e-mailing me about this. I first learned about the recall via media, but Cuisinart sent me an e-mail the next day. I guess I had returned the registration form when it was originally purchased.

I've read that some people wouldn't wait for the new blade and bought new Cuisinart processors. I refuse to do that, but I may send my husband out to see what other brands are in the stores. Easter is, after all, going to arrive before June.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Italiancook.
          cwcdesign
          Participant

I received the same email today. However, I do not use mine frequently so on the occasions when I need it I go ahead and pray 🙂 It was after all a "voluntary" recall, but I will feel better having a proper blade whenever it comes.

I, too, hope yours comes before you move, Baker Aunt. Since you filed before me, I would expect that they would ship in order of receipt.

Italiancook
            Participant

cwcdesign, I may be wrong, but I think the first article I read about this said that it's a voluntary recall in that Cuisinart decided to do it, instead of the government forcing them to do the recall.

Italiancook
              Participant

Today, the Cuisinart recall rep at the phone line told me the ship date for my new blade is June.

Bronx
                Participant

My replacement blade arrived yesterday, now I no longer have to manually chop walnuts to put in my Greek yogurt!

What I find funny is it comes with instructions on how to open the box so you don't cut yourself. If only my knives came with instructions...

Bronx

cwcdesign
                  Participant

Lucky you Bronx! When did you send in your request? Just to gauge when the rest of us might expect ours.

Bronx
                    Participant

I submitted the on line form December 20. I hope you all get your replacement blades soon.

Bromx

BakerAunt
                      Participant

Thanks, Bronx, for letting us know. I submitted my request in January, so I hope to see it in late May or early June.

cwcdesign
                        Participant

Baker Aunt's post reminded me - has anyone else received their blade yet?

BakerAunt
                          Participant

I haven't, but I did get a UPS email notice about a package that is on its way. I thought it was spam and deleted it. I hope that it actually means that I will receive my blade soon. I'll let you know.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by BakerAunt.
                            rottiedogs
                            Participant

My replacement arrived Monday. I submitted on line but I don't remember when exactly. Probably the week between Christmas and New Years. I kept getting emails with updates but no firm date for arrival. I was surprised to see it actually. I figured I was going to have to wait at least another month or so.

cwcdesign
                              Participant

I received my confirmation Jan 4th and that last letter I have is Feb 17. Maybe it's time to call

Lucky you Rottiedogs

navlys
                                Participant

I received mine last week and put my request in in January. Call me crazy but I have been using the old blade anyway. I guess you call that "living on the edge". Ha ha.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.