Change in King Arthur’s Cheese Powder

Home Forums General Discussions Change in King Arthur’s Cheese Powder

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

My new KABC catalogue arrived today. I noticed that instead of Vermont Cheese Powder, KABC now sells "Better Cheddar Cheese Powder." The price appears to be the same, but I do not know about the product.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I wonder if they've changed suppliers or if someone holds a trademark on 'vermont cheese' that they have started enforcing?

RiversideLen
        Participant

I wonder if the pandemic caused a shortage of the Vermont cheese so they had to supplement it with cheese from other areas. Most businesses would rather make small, usually unnoticeable, changes to meet demand rather than have shortages. For example, high demand for bourbon has caused some bourbon makers to make subtle changes, the black label variety of Jim Beam was originally labeled 8 years old but now just says Extra Aged, meaning that the blend has some product in there that is less than 8 years old. That allows them to put more product on the shelves.

navlys
          Participant

How to twist a negative into a positive. All is fair in business and war. But not really for the consumer.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I was going to compare ingredient lists, but the website still shows the Vermont Cheese powder, while the latest catalogue features the "Better Cheddar Cheese Powder." If and when the new label is posted, I'll compare the two.

cwcdesign
              Participant

I got some of the cheese powder, and didn't even notice the name change (of course, my old jar was several years old and we used it up anyway). The new one was great in my No Knead Cheese Burger Buns (KAF0 It's our go to recipe. It made me realize how stale my old one was.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.