Big Chicken Recall

Home Forums General Discussions Big Chicken Recall

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    aaronatthedoublef
    Participant

Almost 100,000 pounds of chicken recalled!

Egg contamination is suspected. Affects Walmart, Costco, Trader Joe's, and Aldi's among others.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

If you read the notice, it appears that this is more of a labeling issue, egg isn't listed as an ingredient and may have been included. That's different from the other ongoing chicken recall which is over possible bacterial contamination.

RiversideLen
        Participant

It's a shame all that food gets wasted.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We have friends who have a son who has a serious egg allergy, better some mis-labeled food gets destroyed than some person gets seriously ill or dies as a result.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I understand the need to recall mislabeled food, and I hope they figure out WHY it was mislabeled. However, food waste is a major problem, and it's too bad that the recalled food--with proper notification about the eggs--couldn't be diverted to where people might need it.

RiversideLen
              Participant

I'm not saying it shouldn't be recalled, I'm lamenting that so much food gets wasted because of carelessness that requires a recall. Especially when that food is animal in origin.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.