Sat. Oct 3rd, 2026

BakerAunt

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 5,941 through 5,955 (of 8,772 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of December 1, 2019? #19618
    BakerAunt
    Participant

      We happily continue our turkey sandwiches at lunch and will happily re-run the Thanksgiving dinner one more time on Sunday evening. It's nice to have a low-key day while I pack away the fall décor and begin decking the halls.

      in reply to: Daily Quiz for December 1, 2019 #19617
      BakerAunt
      Participant

        I worked out the correct answer.

        in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of November 24, 2019? #19603
        BakerAunt
        Participant

          Leftover turkey dinner with the mashed potatoes and gravy this time. (Dressing again tomorrow!)

          in reply to: Over $49 Free Shipping King Arthur Flour #19593
          BakerAunt
          Participant

            Italian Cook--the email does not have a promo code, so it must be that the buyer has to click through that email for the discount.

            in reply to: Daily Quiz for November 30, 2019 #19587
            BakerAunt
            Participant

              I missed it, but I'm glad to know this information.

              Is Aniseed the same as Star Anise?

              in reply to: Over $49 Free Shipping King Arthur Flour #19583
              BakerAunt
              Participant

                Italian Cook--I went back and checked the email I received from KAF, as well as a second one, and both state free shipping over $49. Maybe you have to be on their email list?

                in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of November 24, 2019? #19581
                BakerAunt
                Participant

                  We had turkey on the rye-wheat-pumpkin bread for lunch. For dinner, we had leftover turkey, dressing, gravy, and peas and carrots. I had some cranberry apple salad, and my husband had some applesauce. We'll have the mashed potatoes in one of the upcoming re-run meals.

                  in reply to: What are you Baking the week of November 24, 2019? #19580
                  BakerAunt
                  Participant

                    I usually am not in the kitchen the day after Thanksgiving, preferring to munch on delicious leftovers and bask in the holiday afterglow, but the supply of Healthier Whole Wheat Sourdough Cheese Crackers has been dwindling, and I expect we will run out by late next week. I went ahead and made up the dough for the crackers. It’s best if it can sit, divided into four equal amounts, in the refrigerator for about four days before I roll out, cut, and bake the crackers.

                    in reply to: Daily Quiz for November 29, 2019 #19569
                    BakerAunt
                    Participant

                      I know this one.

                      in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of November 24, 2019? #19562
                      BakerAunt
                      Participant

                        My husband roasted the turkey. I made dressing from Pepperidge Farm Stuffing--two separate dishes, one with onions, which is almost all gone, and one without onion, from which my husband had a spoonful. I also made mashed potatoes and gravy. We cooked frozen peas and carrots for the vegetable. One of my friends brought a delicious apple-cranberry salad. It's not sweet and went well with the dressing. We also had my homemade applesauce from the freezer. We had Ellen's buns baked in the pumpkin muffin pan and the pumpkin rye bread. Of course, there was my pumpkin pie for dessert.

                        Thanksgiving was our first dinner party since we remodeled the house.

                        in reply to: Spiced Pumpkin Bread from Stanley Ginsberg #19561
                        BakerAunt
                        Participant

                          I really like this bread! The spices are faint but work well with the rye and wheat. I am looking forward to having some for breakfast tomorrow after oatmeal.

                          • This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by BakerAunt.
                          in reply to: What are you Baking the week of November 24, 2019? #19543
                          BakerAunt
                          Participant

                            I have dough made from my adaption of Ellen's Buns on its first rise. I'll bake them in the 6-cup Nordic Ware (12 wells) pumpkin muffin pan, as I did a couple weeks ago. They will be cute next to the Pumpkin Wheat Rye Bread.

                            in reply to: Sourdough vs sourfaux #19542
                            BakerAunt
                            Participant

                              Hmm- The UK couldn't agree on Artisan Bread. That's no surprise given the disagreement over Brexit.

                              I doubt that the faux sourdough even tastes that good. In bread baking, most shortcuts are a bad idea. That's why I will not even consider the Red Star product.

                              • This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by BakerAunt.
                              in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of November 24, 2019? #19540
                              BakerAunt
                              Participant

                                Mike and Chocomouse--We are also having mashed potatoes and gravy with our dressing/stuffing (we never put it in the turkey). Usually, for two of us, I'd skip the mashed potatoes (but not the gravy!), but since we have company, and mashed potatoes were mentioned, I'll make both, as I would do when the kids were able to join us.

                                I adore the DGB casserole, but I skipped it last year and will do so this year, since I want to spend my saturated fat allowance on other items, such as pumpkin pie. I'd also have to eat it all myself, as my husband does not care for it or the onions on top.

                                • This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by BakerAunt.
                                in reply to: Daily Quiz for November 28, 2019 #19534
                                BakerAunt
                                Participant

                                  I had heard the term and was able to figure out the correct answer, for which I am thankful.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 5,941 through 5,955 (of 8,772 total)