Getting really tired of winter!

Home Forums Member News Getting really tired of winter!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We have blizzard warnings for this afternoon, preceded by freezing rain, which is just starting. I made a grocery store run yesterday, I don't know when I've seen the markets that crowded on a Friday afternoon!

I think we've already passed 40 inches in snow for the season, well above average. I sure hope spring comes some time.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

We have not had that amount of snow in northern Indiana. We get a few inches here and there, which are usually gone within a week or so. We were in Florida when the sub-zero temperatures hit.The lake is frozen, and the ice fishermen are loving it, as are the ice boaters. We did make a run to the grocery in the next town on Thursday because next week is supposed to have snow, rain, ice.

I would mind the winter weather less if we were not crammed into our garage apt. waiting for the work on the house to be finished. I miss curling up in a chair next to the wood stove, preferably with a pot of soup cooking atop it.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Mike I saw lots of wrecks and chaos from blizzard on TV and internet,prayers for all of you in this snow.I can't imagine driving in that.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

They closed Interstate 80 yesterday from around Grand Island to the western Omaha suburbs, and they haven't said when it'll be reopened. If you look at the cameras on I-80, at least one of them shows a semi across the middle of the roadway. On the news last night some of the accidents looked incredible, dozens of vehicles, mostly semis.

Our niece was visiting her mother and they're hoping to head for home (Des Moines) some time today, but even in Iowa travel is still 'not recommended'.

We think we got about 10 inches of snow here. Our driveway is still being dug out, but the street hasn't been plowed yet (we're on a bus route so we get plowed even when they don't do the residential streets), but we're not planning to go anywhere today.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.