What are you Cooking the week of February 17, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of February 17, 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I made a batch of custard this morning.

Spread the word
      chocomouse
      Participant

Today I made a potato salad and a broccoli salad to go with a ham steak for dinner. Sick of winter and winter foods, ready for summer. Also made Special K Bars but used plain cheap corn flakes instead of Special K cereal.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Yesterday it was fix whatever you want so I had a hot dog and husband had soup and sandwich.Today I fixed pork boneless BBQ ribs started on top of stove and finished in the oven,rice & BBQ gravy with creamed corn.

chocomouse
          Participant

No cooking at my house today. We had leftover Duchess soup with Maple, Fig, and Walnut bread from the freezer, left from my maple baking for the Artisan Fair in December. And then we finished off the chocolate cheesecake from two days ago - except for the half that's still in the freezer.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Stir fry beef and broccoli here tonight.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Tonight we had a hamburger steak with caramelized onions and a baked potato.

chocomouse
                Participant

I browned boneless pork chops in a cast iron skillet with sage and Penzey's Mural of Flavor, then added sliced apples and made a thin sauce of boiled cider and spicy brown mustard.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We had tacos tonight.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Mexican casserole and bread-n-butter.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

For dinner on Tuesday night, I tried a new recipe, “One-Pot Tarragon Chicken, Mushrooms & Rice, a recipe by John Whaite that I received in an email from the PBS radio show The Splendid Table:

https://www.splendidtable.org/recipes/one-pot-tarragon-chicken-mushrooms-rice

I made two changes. I didn’t have a banana shallot, or any shallot for that matter, so I used some chopped onion. I also replaced the basmati rice, which I do not have, with 1 ½ cup medium grain brown rice. I misread the amount of broth and used about 1/2 cup too much. However, we like the recipe enough that I will make it again—this time with the correct amount of broth and perhaps a bit more of the rice. My husband was unfamiliar with tarragon, and I’m never sure how he will respond to a new spice, but he liked the flavor.

chocomouse
                        Participant

We had meatloaf, baked potatoes, and squash from the freezer. Tomorrow I'm leaving for a week in Maine, and my husband will be happy to stay home and eat meatloaf sandwiches on a variety of home-made breads!

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Enjoy your time away Chocomouse and I love a meatloaf sandwich too!

BakerAunt
                            Participant

I agree with Chocomouse and Joan: meatloaf sandwiches are delicious. I've also made salmon loaf sandwiches.

Dinner on Friday night will feature Salmon and Couscous, using Penzey's Greek seasoning rather than dill.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

I baked a beef pot roast today with potatoes,carrots and onions.Enough left for sandwiches.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

Today I made salmon patties,fresh coleslaw and cheese grits.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.