What are you Cooking the Week of September 29, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of September 29, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

A late dinner because I was picking up the cat at the vet. I had some of the spaghetti squash 'lasagna' and Diane had some salami, cheese and fruit.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Today I had bacon , eggs scrambled with spinach and cheese and raisin toast. My internet has been down why I haven't been posting.Hope you're all doing well.

RiversideLen
        Participant

On Tuesday I made one pot mac and cheese (recipe from The Hill Billy Kitchen on youtube). Yesterday my neighbor threw some, I mean gave me some tomatoes so I made sauce with them and had roasted pork tenderloin from the freezer and brussels sprouts and leftover mac and cheese. Tonight I will have some more pork tenderloin, pasta with tomato sauce and a veg to be determined.

Mike, that's terrible about what happened to your cat, some people can be so cruel.

BakerAunt
          Participant

For dinner on Thursday, I made a soba noodle stir-fry using leftover pork, the deglazing, green onion, celery, red bell pepper, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, and a few snow peas from our garden.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I had a tomato and salami sandwich and Diane had salami and tomato on a salad.

navlys
              Participant

I had more figs from my neighbor so I made them into a preserve. I found a recipe on line for pork tenderloin with fig preserves. For the heck of it I brined my tenderloin in salted and sugared water before hand. The results were amazing if I do say so myself!

BakerAunt
                Participant

That sounds so good, Navlys!

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

I picked more tomatoes and had enough medium sized ones that I'm making a batch of tomato relish (https://mynebraskakitchen.com/wordpress/forums/topic/tomato-relish/) instead of more tomato sauce.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

We had leftover stir-fry tonight.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

Friday is turning into Pizza day here, I did another tonight, this time I put the pizza steel on the lowest rack level and dropped the temperature in the oven when I put the pizza in. The bottom was much more done than the top, as I was hoping, but not quite crisp yet, so I'll play with this some more next time.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

I was at my friends tonight and we had pizza. My internet came back on last night , happy here!

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

I made the tomato relish using a little extra pepper and onion and no sugar, tastes great that way. Had it on hot dogs for lunch today, less than 2 carbs per tablespoon of relish.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Tonight I had a salami and tomato sandwich with pickles and chips.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

A vendor at the local farmers market had pickling cucumbers available on Saturday, probably for the last time this season, so I bought some and came home and made another batch of refrigerator dill spears. He also gave me some fresh dill to use, which should create flavor faster than the dill seed, although I still used some dill seed.

I also made pasta salad on Saturday afternoon because I realized the cucumbers I had in the refrigerator would not last much longer. I used my last jar of zucchini relish from last year and added olive oil, Dijon mustard, a bit of maple syrup, and a tsp. of Penzey's Sandwich Sprinkle. I used the rest of the cherry tomatoes, half a can of black olives that were still in the refrigerator, the cucumbers, and some green onion. I will have it for dinner tonight, along with some hummus and flatbread, while my husband eats the leftover stir-fry and some of the pasta salad if he wishes.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

We had the rest of yesterday's pizza for supper tonight.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.