What are you Cooking the Week of October 20, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of October 20, 2024?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I think we're still in leftover mode here today.

Spread the word
      kimbob
      Participant

I'm making a turkey breast today with all the trimmings.

Last week my neighbor gave me a bunch of different kinds of peppers so I made pepper jelly and gave her half. On Saturday, I made apple jelly and apple pie jelly and gave some to my friends.

Last week made my husband eggs Benedict for breakfast and mushroom soup for lunch.

I'm getting back into the groove of cooking and baking. My mom passed away end of last month at age 92. I took care of her for 3.5 years and then she was in the nursing home for 3 years where I was with her all the time. My husband wasn't home for 4 months between being in hospitals and rehab. So I was hopping there for a while with him, mom and the dog. My motto is 1 day at a time and I got thru it. Ate alot of ice cream, though! Now things are a lot calmer and I hope they stay that way.

BakerAunt
        Participant

You have been through a lot, Kimbob! It is good to have you back with us at Nebraska Kitchen.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Today I had breakfast for supper bacon, eggs with spinach and cheese and sourdough toast. Kimbob praying for peace for you I know how tiring it can be physically and emotionally.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

The freeze we had the other day killed off the tomato leaves but didn't damage the fruit, so I'm still picking tomatoes as they ripen. I got enough ones larger than a cherry/grape tomato today that we're having BLT's for supper.

BakerAunt
              Participant

I made turkey vegetable soup for dinner on Sunday using some of the turkey broth that I made last week, along with ground turkey, carrots, celery, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms, and pasta in Halloween shapes.

Some places around here did have a freeze last week. One vendor at our farmers market is now done for the season. My husband covered the pumpkins and the lime trees. I went ahead and picked the green tomatoes and will try to ripen them in the house and turn them into pizza sauce.

kimbob
                Participant

Thank you BakerAunt and Joan.

Tonight is Philly cheese steaks with sautéed onions and apple pie for dessert.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Yum on your supper Kimbob Philly's and apple pie what's not to love!I had a BBQ sandwich and corn chips.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

left over pizza, jazzed up with more pepperoni and sauce.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

We had more of the soup for dinner that I made on Sunday.

navlys
                        Participant

We had soup for dinner. I reduced TJ's red pepper soup and added left over meatballs and corn. It worked out well IMHO!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.