What are you Cooking the Week of October 13, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of October 13, 2024?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We did get our hard frost last night (28) so tomato season is over.

Tonight we're having chili from the freezer.

BakerAunt
      Participant

I pulled out some frozen black-eyed peas from the freezer and combined them with leftover chopped ham we brought home from the family reunion. Because of the dental procedure my husband had today, he had to let his cool to room temperature before eating it. He will be on softer foods for a few days.

RiversideLen
        Participant

I spatchcocked a chicken and roasted it. Had it with noodles, green beans and carrot.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

I had a steak with baked potato and onions and peppers sautéed oh so good.

IMG_1394

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            BakerAunt
            Participant

We had leftover black-eyed peas and ham. I also had some crackers and an Enterprise apple from the small bag I bought at last week's farmers' market. Enterprise is a good eating apple with some sweetness. I suspect that it would also make a good pie.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Diane found this recipe online somewhere, and I had some chicken thighs that I wanted to cook anyway, so I tried it.

It is very good, the pan sauce was tangy, and this recipe is a keeper.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/recipe-creamy-french-mustard-chicken?utm_source=pocket-newtab-en-us

RiversideLen
                Participant

Joan, your plate looks perfect!

I had leftover chicken, rice and green beans and carrots.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.