What are you Cooking the Week of October 1, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of October 1, 2023?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

I ate the last of the chili from the freezer with a hotdog and a piece of pumpkin pie.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

I had a chef salad and pumpkin pie.

BakerAunt
        Participant

For Thursday's dinner, I roasted chicken thighs and made a farro stir-fry with zucchini, yellow squash, red and yellow bell pepper, green onion, and mushrooms. I also threw in some leftover roasted potato chunks.

I'll be baking pumpkin pies this weekend, Joan! 'Tis the season!

navlys
          Participant

Last evening we had marinated pork tenderloin with roasted carrots and mashed potatoes.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

I had stewed squash with a hot dog.

I bought 4 more pie pumpkins I'll be baking later.

chocomouse
              Participant

We had cheesesteaks for dinner.

BakerAunt
                Participant

I made Crispy Oven Fish and Chips again for dinner on Friday. We had it with the remaining coleslaw.

I'm making a half-recipe of almond milk tomorrow, so tonight I put 50 grams of almonds to soak in water in the refrigerator, so that I can make the almond milk tomorrow evening.

I am smiling at your pie pumpkins, Joan. I currently have eight pie pumpkins and two peanut pumpkins on the table in our Annex where it is cool. I will start processing them later this month.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We've been on a takeout binge lately, last night it was because we had tickets to Aladdin. Tonight it was because there was a Husker game on at 7.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

I processed two large bowls of tomatoes today, I should get at least 7 quarts of juice from them. These are the first I've done in several weeks, the last week and a half I've been holding off picking more than a few tomatoes to eat because of our fruit fly invasion, but we have it pretty much under control, I've seen just one today, and it might have come in with the tomatoes I picked yesterday.

We had a low in the mid 30's last night, frost and freeze warnings were issued but the really cold air didn't get this far south. But Monday night the predicted low is 34 again. If that doesn't result in our first frost, looks like we may have a couple weeks of more moderate temperatures. But at least the 90's appear to be done for the season.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

It was a busy day in the kitchen on Saturday (mostly baking), so I was glad to have leftovers from Thursday to reheat for tonight's dinner. I made almond milk--not exactly cooking, since no heat is involved, but it still takes time.

rottiedogs
                        Participant

It has been very busy in the kitchen. We had cabbage rolls, Hatch green chili stew and stuffed Melrose peppers. The Hatch chilies and Melrose peppers are seasonal so I stashed some in the freezer for future.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.