What are you Cooking the Week of October 1, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of October 1, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Been in the mood for fried chicken lately, but I've never been good at frying it in a pan and we don't have a deep fryer. The last few times we got Popeyes chicken the legs and thighs were really tiny. And they stopped selling onion rings several years ago.

In Lincoln, Lee's Chicken is sort of an institution, it is the oldest restaurant in the city, by at least a decade.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Venison sausage,stewed squash and sliced tomatoes.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I think we're having some chili, possibly with fried cheese sandwiches. A combination we haven't tried before, but the chili is enough like tomato soup that it should pair well. (We used to take some chili to my wife's mother before she passed, she always called it 'tomato soup'.)

BakerAunt
          Participant

It was a busy afternoon in the kitchen. I cut up some tomatoes from the garden and made them into sauce to freeze. For Sunday dinner, I made coleslaw with cabbage and carrots from a favorite farmers' market vendor, and I made black-eyed peas with farro, ham, celery, and yellow bell pepper.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I made pork chops on the BBQ last night. Had one with a salad.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Chicken Caesar salad and a piece of pumpkin pie.Yummy!

BakerAunt
                Participant

We had more of the black-eye peas, farro, and ham, as well as coleslaw from last night.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I'm going to have a pork chop, pasta, garlic bread and a salad.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We had takeout pizza and lasagna tonight.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

I had baked salmon and a baked sweet potato.

chocomouse
                        Participant

Joan, I'm debating dinner tomorrow night - salmon or a sheet pan shrimp concoction. With high temps predicted, it will most likely be salmon on the grill. Tonight we had burgers.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

We had macaroni and cheese.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

I forgot to thaw fish for dinner, so we had more black-eyed peas with farro and ham and coleslaw.

chocomouse
                              Participant

I made a sheetpan shrimp and veggie dish, using a garlic and rosemary seasoning packet I bought at Stonewall Kitchen. I finally figured out how to do this in my Breville countertop oven! I cut up the veggies and drizzled them with olive oil and sprinkled half the seasoning packet over them before tossing. I cooked it at 400* under the "Roast" option, with convection. I roasted the veggies for 10 minutes, and then added the shrimp for another 5 minutes. So delicious! I used the last of my garden zucchini and a sweet pepper, plus a yellow squash, brussels sprouts, baby carrots, and onion.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

That sounds so good, Chocomouse.

On Wednesday, we had Crispy Oven Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar Sauce, accompanied by coleslaw.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.