What are you Cooking the Week of November 6, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of November 6, 2022?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Google lists these foods as being among the highest in Vitamin K:

kale, collards, turnip greens, swiss chard, salad greens, parsley, spinach

I don't know how much you would need to eat of them to counteract the effects of blood thinners, though. People who are on blood thinners might want to consult their doctors or pharmacists for dietary restrictions.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

We had chili tonight ,wish I had some of your cinnamon rolls Mike! The rolls sure looked good.

chocomouse
        Participant

I just made a big pot of Duchess (aka cheese or carrot) soup, for dinner tonight and for the freezer this winter. It's one of my favorite soups.

Foods high in Vitamin K are also some of my favorite foods, and during gardening season I have to closely monitor myself for signs I need to cut back on the "green foods."

BakerAunt
          Participant

We had the rest of the chicken for dinner, along with bulgur cooked in turkey broth and microwaved fresh broccoli. I also made yogurt on Thursday.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had chicken potpie from leftover baked chicken.

chocomouse
              Participant

We had grilled pork chops, green salad, and roasted root vegetables: white potato, sweet potato, carrots, butternut squash, and parsnips.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Tonight we had hamburger steaks with fries.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I made a quick grocery stop today and found three packages of chicken thighs (two per package) that were $1 off each, which brings them down to the old price I recall paying before the pandemic. I bought all three and froze two. Thus, on Saturday evening, we are having roasted chicken thighs, which I started first, then after 20 minutes, I added next to it a pan of cut-up Honey-Nut squash from this year's crop that I had tossed in olive oil. We also had fresh broccoli from the farmers' market.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.