What are You Cooking the Week of May 12, 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    What are You Cooking the Week of May 12, 2019? 2BakerAunt
    Participant

Is there cooking going on in your house this Mother’s Day? In my house, we will have nice leftovers from yesterday.

Spread the word
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •   What are You Cooking the Week of May 12, 2019? 3
    •  
    •  
    •  
    What are You Cooking the Week of May 12, 2019? 4Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We had popovers, Veal Zurich (veal in a white wine cream sauce) and a trifle.

What are You Cooking the Week of May 12, 2019? 5Joan Simpson
    Participant

We had hot dogs with left over coleslaw.

Participant

We had fried cubed steak,steamed cabbage and candied sweet potatoes.

What are You Cooking the Week of May 12, 2019? 7chocomouse
    Participant

We had the first meal of asparagus from our garden, with baked potato and salmon on the grill.

What are You Cooking the Week of May 12, 2019? 8navlys
    Participant

We had chicken satay with the sauce recipe from the summer 2010 KA baking sheet.

Participant

I used up the left over rotisserie chicken to make a pot pie and we had pear salad.

What are You Cooking the Week of May 12, 2019? 10Italiancook
    Participant

I made my dad’s Chop Suey today. It will last 3 or 4 meals. Yesterday my husband revved up the grill for ribeyes and asparagus. I enjoy asparagus soup and roasted asparagus, but disliked it grilled. It tasted like cooked spinach to me.

Participant

We had fried chicken tenders,macaroni and cheese,green beans and left over candied sweet potatoes.

What are You Cooking the Week of May 12, 2019? 7chocomouse
    Participant

Dinner was chicken breasts, Greek salad, and cheesy-olive rolls.

What are You Cooking the Week of May 12, 2019? 2BakerAunt
    Participant

For Wednesday’s dinner, I roasted a chicken. I had forgotten just how much it smokes up the house when the oven door is opened and the chicken removed. (I suspect this is one reason–the other being cleaning the oven–that so many of us just buy rotisserie chickens.) I’m glad that there is a vent fan in our apartment kitchen. We had noodles made with some powdered mushrooms. I made a new vegetable dish, working off a recipe in a recent special magazine issue, Heart Smart Recipes. I put a 15×10 sheet pan into a 450F oven to heat up for about 5 minutes. I had cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces, sliced some white mushrooms, minced 4 cloves of garlic, then mixed in a package of cherry tomatoes. I tossed these with some olive oil. I pulled out the pan, put a sheet of parchment (oven safe to 450F) on the pan, put on the vegetable mixture, and roasted for 18 minutes. When I took them out, I drizzled a bit of olive oil on them, then sprinkled with Penzey’s Sunny Paris and stirred. My husband, who is not a big asparagus fan, really liked it prepared this way. Note: the original recipe did not use parchment paper, but I do my own clean-up, so I used it and lowered the temperature from 475F.

I also cooked a bag of garbanzo beans that I soaked for nearly a day. Some will be frozen, and some will be used in recipes to be noted here.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by What are You Cooking the Week of May 12, 2019? 14BakerAunt.
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by What are You Cooking the Week of May 12, 2019? 14BakerAunt. Reason: Corrected magazine title
    Keymaster

We had take-out last night and again tonight. I’m planning to make some buns for burgers tomorrow, I don’t know if I’ll make them tonight or in the morning, it’s supposed to be in the 90’s here tomorrow. I gave up and turned on the A/C last night, it was in the mid-80’s in the bedroom.

Participant

We’ve had the air on for a month.Tonight we had meatloaf,lima beans,rice,tomato gravy and corn bread.

Participant

Tonight we had cubed pork,fried okra,thickened potatoes and sliced tomatoes.

Keymaster

We had BLTs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.