What are You Cooking the Week of May 12, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of May 12, 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Is there cooking going on in your house this Mother's Day? In my house, we will have nice leftovers from yesterday.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

We had popovers, Veal Zurich (veal in a white wine cream sauce) and a trifle.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We had hot dogs with left over coleslaw.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

We had fried cubed steak,steamed cabbage and candied sweet potatoes.

chocomouse
            Participant

We had the first meal of asparagus from our garden, with baked potato and salmon on the grill.

navlys
              Participant

We had chicken satay with the sauce recipe from the summer 2010 KA baking sheet.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

I used up the left over rotisserie chicken to make a pot pie and we had pear salad.

Italiancook
                  Participant

I made my dad's Chop Suey today. It will last 3 or 4 meals. Yesterday my husband revved up the grill for ribeyes and asparagus. I enjoy asparagus soup and roasted asparagus, but disliked it grilled. It tasted like cooked spinach to me.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

We had fried chicken tenders,macaroni and cheese,green beans and left over candied sweet potatoes.

chocomouse
                      Participant

Dinner was chicken breasts, Greek salad, and cheesy-olive rolls.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

For Wednesday’s dinner, I roasted a chicken. I had forgotten just how much it smokes up the house when the oven door is opened and the chicken removed. (I suspect this is one reason--the other being cleaning the oven--that so many of us just buy rotisserie chickens.) I’m glad that there is a vent fan in our apartment kitchen. We had noodles made with some powdered mushrooms. I made a new vegetable dish, working off a recipe in a recent special magazine issue, Heart Smart Recipes. I put a 15x10 sheet pan into a 450F oven to heat up for about 5 minutes. I had cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces, sliced some white mushrooms, minced 4 cloves of garlic, then mixed in a package of cherry tomatoes. I tossed these with some olive oil. I pulled out the pan, put a sheet of parchment (oven safe to 450F) on the pan, put on the vegetable mixture, and roasted for 18 minutes. When I took them out, I drizzled a bit of olive oil on them, then sprinkled with Penzey’s Sunny Paris and stirred. My husband, who is not a big asparagus fan, really liked it prepared this way. Note: the original recipe did not use parchment paper, but I do my own clean-up, so I used it and lowered the temperature from 475F.

I also cooked a bag of garbanzo beans that I soaked for nearly a day. Some will be frozen, and some will be used in recipes to be noted here.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by BakerAunt.
                          • This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by BakerAunt. Reason: Corrected magazine title
                          Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

We had take-out last night and again tonight. I'm planning to make some buns for burgers tomorrow, I don't know if I'll make them tonight or in the morning, it's supposed to be in the 90's here tomorrow. I gave up and turned on the A/C last night, it was in the mid-80's in the bedroom.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

We've had the air on for a month.Tonight we had meatloaf,lima beans,rice,tomato gravy and corn bread.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

Tonight we had cubed pork,fried okra,thickened potatoes and sliced tomatoes.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

We had BLTs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.