What are you Cooking the Week of March 26, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of March 26, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Dinner plans?

We got about an inch of snow overnight (after an evening of rain) but it is likely going to be gone by evening.

Spread the word
      RiversideLen
      Participant

It's going to be a leftover stuffed pepper. Probably with mashed potato but that could change as I have an open jar of pasta sauce in the fridge that has one serving left.

chocomouse
        Participant

Today I made corn chowder for supper.

BakerAunt
          Participant

For Sunday dinner, I roasted two chicken thighs and made muddled mashed potatoes. We had salad also, with lettuce and some of the spinach coming from our planters under the grow lights, while the carrots and mushrooms came from the grocery, and a bit of the spinach from the farmers' market.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had cubed venison steak with gravy and onions, rice and leftover black eyed peas with buttermilk biscuits.My dessert was biscuits and cane syrup.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Tonight we had beef-a-roni, green beans and lettuce and tomato salad.

BakerAunt
                Participant

On Monday, I used the bones from two chickens that I had in the freezer and made a mostly plain broth for my husband. I did not add any spices, but since the original chicken had some on the skins I did my best and put it through the strainer four times.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We finished off the potato leek soup tonight.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

We had leftover cubed venison in gravy over mashed potatoes and steamed cabbage.

chocomouse
                      Participant

We had BLTs with fresh bread.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

We had chargrilled chicken, macaroni and cheese and green butter beans.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

For dinner on Wednesday, we had roasted chicken thighs, roasted potato chunks, and microwaved frozen peas. Usually, I put some kind of spices on the potato chunks, but I made them plain for my husband, tossing them in olive oil before roasting and salting them afterwards.

navlys
                            Participant

We had tuna melts on English muffins with a side of coleslaw and potato fries. The tuna is yellowfin packed in oil from BJ's!

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

We had Beef enchiladas , my husbands request.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

Tonight we'll have fried cubed pork, mashed potatoes and leftover black eyed peas.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.