What are you Cooking the week of March 22, 2020

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of March 22, 2020

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

We had taco salad and I had mine wrapped in a flour tortilla.

skeptic7
      Participant

I did my three bean, gabanzo, Great Northern white, navy bean, soup yesterday. It was a take on a vegetable and fennel bean soup, with celeric instead of the fennel. There was a disproportionate amount of celeric in there. I had bought a really big celeric root, and while I only use half of it, it still was more celeric than onions and carrots and celery combined. The soup was also far too boring in color with the white beans, and white celeric predominating over tomatoes and carrots and parsley. It was solved from total blandness by a little harissa ( Mediterranean hot pepper sauce ) and a sharp Vermont cheddar cheese sandwich. The good news is that celeric is a perfectly acceptable soup vegetable keeping its shape nicely.
        I'm going to be eating this soup for ages. Luckily the jar of Harissa sauce is nearly full.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I made beef BBQ from a Mississippi pot roast I had in the freezer,baked beans and coleslaw,My husband didn't like the BBQ.He didn't like the roast the first time so I was hoping....sigh.Oh well at least I tried.Now I'll have several sandwiches of BBQ for me.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.