What are you Cooking the Week of March 21, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of March 21, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    RiversideLen
    Participant

I pulled some meatballs from the freezer and had it with spaghetti.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Today I browned some stew beef,then added a roux for gravy and onions,when this came together I put it in my tin roaster pan and baked it for three hours at 325*it came out really tender,with that we had rice and green beans with some sliced tomatoes on the side.

chocomouse
        Participant

Last night we had strip steak, buttered noodles, and broccoli.
          Tonight, we ate sausages and blueberry pancakes with maple syrup.

BakerAunt
          Participant

For Wednesday dinner, I roasted a chicken in my big oven. I roasted chunks of sweet potato tossed in olive oil in the countertop oven. We also had a mixed greens salad with a few vegetables.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I took some stuffed peppers from the freezer and baked them upside down to drain off the excess fat, then turned them right side up and put in a can of tomatoes I had pureed, returned them to the oven to finish. Had it with spaghetti and green beans.

BakerAunt
              Participant

I made Cauliflower Soup for lunch on Thursday and over the next few days. The recipe comes from No Salt, No Sugar, No Fat Cookbook. The cookbook dates from when “all fat is bad” was in ascendance. Today, I altered the recipe and first sauteed the onion (half the amount specified) in some olive oil, then added the garlic before adding the broth and the cauliflower. Some whole wheat flour and 1% milk are added later. The taste is more mellow with the change, so that is how I will make this soup in the future.

I also made chicken broth from the yesterday's roasted chicken bones.

kimbob
                Participant

Took some lasagne I had made a month ago out of the freezer. Heated it up with some extra sauce on top.

chocomouse
                  Participant

Pizza!

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

We had hamburger steaks and fries.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

I'm planning stuffed peppers for tonight.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Tonight we had BBQ from the leftover pork roast,baked beans and a baked sweet potato.

RiversideLen
                          Participant

A stuffed pepper, spaghetti and broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

I made taco salad,had mine in a wrap.

chocomouse
                              Participant

I'm cooking a 15 pound turkey, with some of the usual side dishes. I planned this so we would have leftover meat for sandwiches during the sugaring season. I cannot plan on serving meals at our usual dinner hour this time of year.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

I hope that the sugaring season is going well, Chocomouse.

We had sandwiches using some of our leftover roasted chicken on the buns I baked today. We also had a mixed greens salad with some carrots and cherry tomatoes--and onion on mine.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.