What are you Cooking the Week of March 21, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of March 21, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Not sure what we're doing for dinner, but that's a long ways off. We finished off a bunch of leftovers on Saturday.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Today I made a small pot of potato soup and with that we had smoked turkey sandwich.

RiversideLen
        Participant

I made Creamy Mushroom Soup, a recipe I found on youtube from Chef John at Foodwishes. It uses 2 pounds of fresh mushrooms and a quart of chicken stock (or stock of your choice). Just a couple of minor changes, instead of using a whole onion I used the remains of one I had in the fridge, about 1/4. I didn't have fresh thyme so I used about 1/2 tsp of dried. It came out pretty thick, thick enough to use as a sauce (of course you thin it out as much as you want). It tastes pretty good, if you're a mushroom fan try it.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Looks good Len,I love a lot of Chef John recipes.

chocomouse
            Participant

I made quesadillas to use up the last of the pork roast, adding yellow peppers, onions, salsa, and shredded cheese.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had some salad, some steamed broccoli, and bagels. The bagels and the corned beef are all gone now, time to cook/bake.

BakerAunt
                Participant

I had planned roasted chicken for tonight, but despite three days in the refrigerator, the chicken had not thawed, so I pivoted to lentil soup. When I make soup, I rarely use a recipe. Tonight’s soup was chopped carrots, celery, and red bell pepper sauteed in olive oil, then I added 8 oz. mushrooms. I used the leftover water from the mashed potatoes I made last week, then added 2 tsp. dried onion that I had rehydrated, 7 cups of turkey and chicken broth from the freezer, 1 and 2/3 cups brown lentils and 1/3 cup red lentils, 1/3 cup barley, and 2 tsp. Penzey’s Ozark Seasoning. At the end, I stirred in chopped parsley.

chocomouse
                  Participant

My husband ate leftovers, and I had a green salad and cottage cheese with chives for our dinner tonight. I treated myself at lunch today -- I had 2 scrambled eggs and an English muffin with peanut butter and basil jelly. I never cook anything special for lunch, it's usually just leftovers or cheese and crackers. But I've been thinking about scrambled eggs for a week. So good!

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I had leftover roasted chicken, sauteed some red cabbage to which I added noodles and defatted chicken drippings.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Last night I cooked a small pork roast in the crock pot with potatoes,onions and carrots.It was good and easy.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

Easy was the order of the day here, too, so we had tomato soup and fried cheese sandwiches using Cabot Seriously Sharp white cheddar.

Cold and wet here again today, something warm for supper sounds good.

kimbob
                          Participant

Hamburgers and cole slaw using the other half of the cabbage from St Patty's day.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

We had leftover soup and cornbread on this drizzly afternoon and evening. I'm not complaining about the weather, as we need whatever moisture we can get. My husband started planting more trees in our woodland property today.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

I made something like Sloppy Joe and we ate this over mashed potatoes and I made garden pea salad for a side.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

Wound up having takeout pizza.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.