What are you Cooking the Week of March 20, 2022

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of March 20, 2022

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Bagels from the freezer here.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I made a pot of hamburger vegetable soup,my husband had a grilled cheese sandwich and I had bologna sandwich.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Planning ahead, tomorrow I plan to make a big pot of chili, most of it for the freezer, because it looks like all the batches I froze have been used. This will probably be the last batch of chili until fall, we've got another week or two of highs in the 50's.

I'll make another batch of the tangzhong cinnamon rolls, too, most of which will also go in the freezer. (They freeze well and thaw quickly in the microwave.)

BakerAunt
          Participant

I made yogurt on Sunday.

Sunday dinner was Salmon and Couscous with Penzey's Greek Seasoning. We also had microwaved fresh broccoli.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I'm kicking the chili to tomorrow because it is much warmer than expected today (high around 70) while tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 40's with rain. Also, I have some other tasks on the schedule today.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

I love chili anytime Mike but not my husband.

We had fried pork chops,creamed corn and leftover green butter beans.

chocomouse
                Participant

I made tomato soup, using up some of the tomatoes from the freezer. My husband had clam chowder from the freezer. With the soups, we had olive gruyere rolls from the freezer.

cwcdesign
                  Participant

Chocomouse, is your recipe for the olive Gruyère rolls posted? I searched here and looked at KABC but couldn’t find one. I know you’ve mentioned them before. Would you mind sharing?

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

Chili and most hot soups are what I consider cooler weather foods, when it's in the 80's or higher, I think they overheat me.

chocomouse
                      Participant

cwcdesign, it's basically a KABC recipe called Crusty Gruyere Loaves, I believe. I've made 2 changes. I add coarsely chopped green olives to the filling mix before rolling up the dough. And, instead of cutting the rolled up dough into 4 small loaves, I cut it into 12, about 1" slices, and bake in a 9 x 12 pan. I think the recipe calls for bread flour - if you want softer rolls, replace that with AP. They are delicious!

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

We had baked chicken,mashed potatoes and cooked carrots.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

For dinner on Monday, I made Tarragon Chicken with Mushrooms and a combination of half brown rice and half a blend of wild rice. We also had microwaved fresh broccoli

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

I made my big pot of chili today, I should be able to get 3 or 4 containers of it into the freezer tonight.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

We had Philly cheese steak sandwiches with fries.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

I also had a Philly cheese steak, takeout.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.