What are you Cooking the Week of June 25, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking โ€” (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of June 25, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We'll probably have tomato and salami sandwiches for supper tonight here.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

I made a large pot of soup for Sunday dinner. I used frozen turkey broth, carrots, celery, orange bell pepper, mushrooms, ground turkey, and the Bob's Red Mill mix of split green and yellow peas and brown and red lentils. I also used 1 Tbs. dehydrated onion, and some rosemary, sage, thyme, and sweet curry powder, which are the spices I used for the turkey broth. I added kale from our garden at the end, along with 2 tsp. cider vinegar.

chocomouse
        Participant

We had quesadillas tonight, to use up some leftovers: thin sliced boneless pork, spicy tomato salsa, crushed pineapple, onion, peppers, bean sprouts, and shredded cheddar.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Not sure what we're having for supper, but it'll probably be on freshly baked bread. ๐Ÿ™‚

Update: BLTs

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Tonight we had salami and cantaloupe, plus big salads.

chocomouse
              Participant

Dinner, during another thunderstorm, was omelets.

cwcdesign
                Participant

Will made a delicious meatloaf on Saturday which we ate for two days and then sandwiches for two more with his sourdough bread - we hadn't had any since February. We had assorted vegetables from the farmer's market including sweet corn which I haven't had since we moved here - I was spoiled by access to really good corn, so I avoid fresh corn at the supermarket.

Tonight, I baked salmon which we had with tomatoes (farmers market), mozzarella, olive oil, balsamic and a mix of fresh oregano and thyme from our garden - we don't have fresh basil which is why I didn't call it a Caprese.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I agree with you, CWCdesign about being spoiled by good corn. I will only eat sweet corn in the summer from the farmers' market.

On Wednesday, I made Crispy Oven Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar Sauce. We had a salad on the side with dressing made with Penzey's French Vinaigrette mix. I am sending the recipe home with my friend, who is eager to try it with her husband and sons.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

Wednesday night we had tacos.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

I realized this afternoon, once my friend had left, that I had not planned what to have for dinner. My husband had leftover soup and the rest of the ham, as well as two potato wedges left over from last night's dinner. I made a 2-egg mushroom, onion, and mozzarella omelet for myself. We both had microwaved fresh broccoli and some of the leftover flat bread I baked earlier in the week.

chocomouse
                        Participant

Pizza!

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

We had melon and salami. I got the deli at WalMart to slice some genoa salami really thin, it's almost like having prosciutto and melon.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

I had a turkey and tomato sandwich with an ear of corn.Odd cooking or fixing for one.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

We had some melon with tomato and salami sandwiches, the veg stands are open and they have better melons and tomatoes than the grocery stores do.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

I made salmon patties for dinner on Friday. We had them on the buns I baked, along with leftover Dill Tartar sauce.

Hugs to you, Joan.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.