What are you Cooking the Week of June 25, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of June 25, 2023?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

When our younger son moved to California, it totally changed what we were eating, both in terms of what we ate and how much we fixed at a time. Some things we make more often, some things we do less often. We definitely do take-out a lot more often these days, too.

I'm afraid if I was alone I might eat macaroni and cheese every other day. Even something like tacos is a lot of work just for two people getting all the toppings ready, browning the meat, then putting everything away again. And a Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake would last a long time. (Fortunately, it freezes well.)

Smaller portions of foods are a lot more expensive per serving, too.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Turkey sandwich with fruit on the side.I agree Mike, I'll probably eat the same thing a few times before I go to something else.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

It rained on and off most of the day, but cleared up enough for me to do steaks on the grill tonight, plus a nice salad.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I made yogurt on Saturday.

Dinner was leftover salmon patties on buns. We needed a quick dinner because the town did its fireworks tonight, so we loaded the dog into the car after we ate and headed for a nearby state park to wait it out. Yes, we love our dog.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.