What are you Cooking the week of June 16, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of June 16, 2019?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Italiancook the way I make the carrot and raisin salad is with mayonnaise and a little sugar,I like to add crushed pineapple sometimes,I usually have sliced canned pineapple in the fridge as that's one of our sandwiches we like so to add a little flavor and thin the mayo I will add a tablespoon of the pineapple juice.I actually plumped the raisins in the microwave in the juice.

Italiancook
      Participant

Joan, thanks for explaining how you make carrot and raisin salad. I appreciate you telling us how you plump the raisins. I don't think I fully utilize my microwave. I came to that conclusion this week. Normally, when I make mashed potatoes for others, I heat the milk on the stove. This week, it dawned on me to put the milk in a measuring cup and heat in the microwave. This reduces the hard-to-remove milk stuck to the bottom of the pan.

Before breakfast today, I made chili from the Freezing and Canning Cookbook. I put enough for dinner in the refrig and froze the rest. Mike, what's in the freezer is for my Nebraska experiment. When I decide to thaw it, I'm going to make Jenny Jones' Cinnamon Rolls from Jennycancook.com. I don't think they have as much cinnamon as KAF Cinnabuns or as much glaze. I'll let you know how this experiment works for my taste buds after I try it.

As soon as I leave this site, I'm going to make Cauliflower & Pasta Soup for the freezer and a meal.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Tonight we had cubed steak,leftover peas and okra,fried green tomatoes and creamed corn.

RiversideLen
          Participant

Tonight I made a small pork roast, had it with baked beans and rice and a large salad.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We're recovering from colds, so I had mac and cheese and my wife had chicken noodle soup.

BakerAunt
              Participant

For Saturday night dinner, I made a stir-fry using soba noodles, leftover turkey breast we had in the freezer, and a concoction of carrots, celery, green onion, red bell pepper, turnips, mushrooms, broccoli, and a few shakes of low-sodium soy sauce.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by BakerAunt.
              Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.