What are you Cooking the week of June 16, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of June 16, 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I think we're going to have pancakes with fresh strawberries today, once everyone gets up.

Happy Father's Day!

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Happy Father's day to all the guys!No real cooking here today only grilled bologna and cheese sandwich and pork-n-beans.

RiversideLen
        Participant

Cooked a pork roast on the BBQ grill.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Tonight we had cubed steak,garden peas and a baked sweet potato.

chocomouse
            Participant

Dinner last night was grilled chicken, potatoes roasted on the grill, and asparagus from the garden.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Tonight we had meatloaf,sour cream mashed potatoes and seasoned green beans.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I made a pizza tonight. Red pepper and ground pork.

Italiancook
                  Participant

A man who works for me and his wife have some health issues. I'm taking them an easy meal for dinner. Easy for me. I'm buying a quarter ham & their dessert. I made Paula Deen's Garden Pea Salad this morning for them. It's such a delicious recipe that I'm enclosing the link:
                    https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/garden-pea-salad-recipe-1914547
                    I always use the Lesueur brand peas Paula suggests. They're pricey, but the end result is worth the money.
                    When Paula made these on her show, she used a serving/soup tablespoon to measure out the mayonnaise, not a measuring spoon, and that always works for me. Finally, I highly recommend using the diced pimentos, which she says are optional. They add pleasant color, and I only use enough to give some red color throughout. Otherwise, the pimento is too strong a taste and detracts from the peas, in my opinion.

Recipe says it takes 5 minutes. Surely that's after ingredients are prepped. Still, it comes together quickly.

This afternoon, I'm going to make Garlic-Herb Butter Drop Biscuits from Allrecipes, for their meal. The reason I made drop biscuits for the first time a few days ago was to test whether I wanted to make drop biscuits for their meal. I still think dinner rolls are better, but I just don't want to spend 2 or 3 hours making good rolls. I'm also giving them mashed potatoes.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Italiancook.
                    Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Italiancook when I make garden pea salad I make mine the same way except I add about a tablespoon of pickle relish.I love this dish because it is so easy and fast those peas are the best also.

Today I cooked a whole chicken in the crock pot,broccoli and cheese and a bake potato.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Joan Simpson.
                      RiversideLen
                      Participant

Last night was a pizza with veggie chicken soup. Tonight will be pizza with a salad. That closes out the pizzas for this week.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

I went to the farmers market and got fresh white acre peas,cooked them till done added in whole small okra,creamed some fresh corn and made cornbread,watermelon for dessert.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Today I was using up left overs,made chicken & rice with garden peas and carrots and made carrot and raisin salad.The chicken & rice wasn't good but we got filled.

chocomouse
                            Participant

Dinner tonight was shrimp alfredo with asparagus and a garden salad.

Italiancook
                              Participant

Joan, I love carrot and raisin salad. Hmmm, the thought just crossed my mind about whether I could freeze this. The recipe I uses calls for vinegar and oil, as I recall. So my guess is that this will freeze. I have some carrots to use up, so I may experiment. In a few months, when I thaw and try to eat it, I'll let you know how it worked. My guess is that the carrots will have lost their crispness.

RiversideLen
                                Participant

I had a burger on a freshly baked rye/whole wheat bun and a chicken veg soup. The soup had Napa cabbage, carrot and parsnip.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.