What are you Cooking the Week of July 25, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of July 25, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Bought several bags of vegetables at the farmer's market this morning, lettuce, corn, broccoli, carrots and cauliflower, plus some cheeses and some jellies, and a gyros and some meatballs in a berry sauce for lunch.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

We went grocery shopping today too,we're having hamburger steaks and fries.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Sunday night dinner was breaded chicken breasts (flour, egg, panko with Penzey’s Sunny Paris) roasted and accompanied by potato salad and microwaved fresh green beans from our garden.

Our farmer's market is Tuesday evenings and Saturdays in the summer. I went yesterday and came home with scallions, dark purple bell peppers, a tomato, and 2 more zucchini.

cwcdesign
          Participant

I wish we had a decent farmer’s market- Will brought some more eggplant from the garden - I grilled that, onion and a few mushrooms - chopped it up and tossed it with cavatappi, cream, parmigian, and fresh basil - it was good

BakerAunt
            Participant

Dinner tonight is leftover breaded chicken breast and potato salad for my husband. I had salmon and couscous. That is because I accidentally thawed the single piece of salmon instead of the single frozen chicken breast. That's what happens when I go to bed, remember that I need to thaw an item, go downstairs and do not turn on the main light. (Both the salmon and the chicken come in the same kind of package.) We also had more microwaved broccoli.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

We had sausage,peas & okra that was leftover and fresh potato salad,corn bread leftover too.

Janiebakes
                Participant

Last might we met friends in a park for a picnic potluck. We brought caprese salad with home grown basil. Tonight was spinach salad from Costco.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Tonight we had pan char grilled chicken breast that I marinated in Italian Dressing,and all leftovers of lima beans,rice,tomato gravy and squash.All leftovers gone.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

On Tuesday, afternoon, I made and canned three 8 oz. and one 4 oz. jars of Seedless Blackberry Jam with a bit of Black Raspberries.

For dinner, I cooked the last boneless, skinless chicken breast, which I coated in Panko with Penzey’s Sunny Paris and Parmesan. I baked it in the countertop convection oven. We had the chicken with leftover potato salad and more microwaved green beans from our garden.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We wound up having salads with tuna fish, plus some steamed broccoli/cauliflower. (The induction burner doesn't heat the kitchen up much, it is getting a lot of use this summer.)

chocomouse
                        Participant

We had salads tonight also -- broccoli (first from the garden), cold slaw (first from the garden), and seafood. And the last of the Olive-Gruyere rolls from the freezer. I'm just back from a week in Maine, where we ate steamers (clams), lobster, crab, scallops, shrimp, salmon in some form every day. On the beach, on the cliffs, in the campground, and in the camper when it poured. It's hard to give up the seafood just because we return inland.

navlys
                          Participant

We had scrambled eggs, bacon and pancakes with grade B maple syrup! Breakfast for dinner at it's best!

Janiebakes
                            Participant

Olive-Gruyere rolls sound wonderful! Yesterday I made yogurt and we had breakfast for dinner. Eggs, cottage potatoes, mushrooms and breakfast sausage. My younger son is getting married next month and I am more focused on finishing three flower girl dresses than I am on cooking.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

Three flower girl dresses? I am impressed, Janiebakes!

I made soup for dinner on Wednesday, since the pork we were going to have did not thaw. Most of my soups are based on what happens to be around. I used the potato water left over from last week’s potato salad, along with turkey broth from the freezer. I cooked 1 cup brown and ¼ cup red lentils with sliced carrots and celery and scallions, then added some sliced mushrooms, a quartered and sliced yellow squash, green beans from our garden, parsley, a heaping quarter tsp. of garlic powder, a tsp. of thyme, and some freshly ground pepper. We had it with rolls I had baked.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

I had two slices of bread with peanut butter and some steamed cauliflower for supper.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.