What are You Cooking the Week of July 12, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of July 12, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

My plan for Sunday dinner involves a whole chicken. What about yours?

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Summertime continues, melon and salami for us again tonight.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Although today was not as cool as it was supposed to be, and there was only s little rain, I went ahead and roasted a whole chicken on top of baby carrots and cut-up potatoes that I had first tossed in olive oil, then sprinkled with rosemary and Sunny Paris seasoning (Penazey's). I like doing the chicken this way, but the vegetables underneath do not cook as thoroughly. We had it with microwaved green beans from our garden.

chocomouse
          Participant

We had a one-pan meal tonight: sliced potatoes and kielbase, red and green bell peppers, and onions, with a tomato-onion salad. It was too hot to be cooking in the kitchen (90*) but also too hot to cook outside.

cwcdesign
            Participant

Will had grilled cheese with the bread I made today and Campbell’s tomato soup (his Dad would be proud). I had the last of the butter chicken meatballs

Joan Simpson
              Participant

We had pan fried sausage,scrambled eggs and grilled toast.

cwcdesign
                Participant

I made crockpot Buffalo chicken - we had it with brown rice, I think the last of the summer veges - now we gear up for the fall garden. Instead of blue cheese we added cheddar and ranch dressing. I love blue cheese, but we were getting bored by the combination

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

We had fried cubed pork,rice and gravy with white acre peas and okra that I had frozen from a week or so ago.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Tonight I baked lemon peppered chicken breast,pole beans and potatoes thickened with sour cream and a little butter.I also made refrigerator pickles yesterday.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

That sounds delicious, Joan!

I made another batch of yogurt on Tuesday.

Italiancook
                        Participant

Monday I marinated chicken breasts & made enough for a couple of days. Had with green beans on Monday and will have with roasted carrots tomorrow. I also made KAF Now or Later pizza dough for the fridge. I had to use my food processor, instead of the stand mixer. The mixer's head bounces up and down when I make dough. It's fine for cakes and cookies. Just acts up with dough. It's under warranty, so a new one is on the way.

RiversideLen
                          Participant

I made sloppy joe and had a large salad with it.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Taco salad here.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

To go with leftover roast chicken for dinner, I made the Penzey’s Quinoa Summer Salad again. As I am still out of the Italian seasoning, I again substituted1 Tbs. of Penzey’s Sandwich Sprinkle (another small container from a gift pack). I decided to try it this time with the full ½ cup olive oil. I did not bother with the parsley.

chocomouse
                                Participant

I had a plain ground beef patty and a green salad. Sandwich Sprinkles is my favorite Penzey's seasoning. Try it on a veggie wrap with a little mayo. Best in a spinach or red pepper fajita wrap.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.