What are you Cooking the Week of January 22, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of January 22, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I was thinking of doing a meat loaf, but my wife isn't keen on the idea, so I'm not in a hurry.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Grilled ham and cheese sandwich with fries.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We had fish and broccoli.

chocomouse
          Participant

Not really "cooking", just "heating up"! Tomato soup for me, split pea soup with ham and veggies for my husband, and gougeres - all from the freezer.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

If you made it, IMHO it still counts as cooking to reheat it.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I picked two big bowls of lettuce today, plus another 5 ounces of pea pods, and I probably missed getting all the pea pods. There'll be a stir fry on the menu some time this week.

But tonight we had salads with tuna fish.

BakerAunt
                Participant

We had ham sandwiches and finished off the coleslaw for Monday's dinner.

I also made yogurt today.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

The electric company was putting up new poles and electric was off several hours so we went and picked up to go order from Cracker Barrell, when we got home electricty was on, thankful.

chocomouse
                    Participant

Tonight I sauteed kielbasa slices with peppers and onions, and stirred them into a tomato sauce with rice.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

Last night I pulled a chicken thigh and breast from the freezer, baked it in tomato sauce and had it with pasta and broccoli. Going to make the same thing tonight.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

We love that kielbasa supper Chocomouse.

We had fried cubed pork, rice & gravy and cooked carrots.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Tonight was leftover venison in gravy over mashed potatoes and leftover butter beans.

chocomouse
                            Participant

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Boneless thighs marinated in a Greek type dressing, roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon and maple syrup (the only way my husband will eat them!), and a salad with lettuces from under the gro lights.

My grocery store had advertised large white eggs at 4.89 a dozen. I was excited that the price had come down. But that section of the egg cooler was EMPTY!! No eggs less than $6, and most were over $7. Now I wait 2 weeks for my next shopping trip, and hope the price is down around $4 and there are eggs to buy.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

Egg prices seem particularly high in your location, Chocomouse.

My husband roasted a turkey on Wednesday. I made dressing, using a spare bag of Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix, and I made gravy. We had microwaved fresh broccoli with it. We look forward to a couple of days of easy meals with leftovers.

Snow fell all day here. My husband says it is 4 1/2 inches. There is a possibility of more snow tomorrow.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

Diane had the last of the chili, I had some vegetable beef soup from the freezer.

Eggs were $4.79 at Hy-Vee today, and gas is back up to $3.39 at several places.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.