What are you Cooking the Week of January 2, 2022

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of January 2, 2022

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Yeah, I think it's leftover night here, too.  I got potato leek soup out of the freezer Thursday but it is still quite solid, so we'll probably have some for lunch tomorrow.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Hmm, the carat-A thingie is back.  I'm pretty sure I know what plugin is causing it, but I don't know what setting is causing it.  Must be something I changed recently, though.

Italiancook
        Participant

Joan, I'm glad you feel well enough to cook and post. I hope your tiredness goes away soon.

Italiancook
          Participant

I made cinnamon pancakes today. 1/4 cup cinnamon chips with 1 teaspoon cinnamon to 1-1/4 cups flour. We're almost out of milk and not eager to risk Omicron for a grocery run this weekend. Recipe calls for 1 cup milk, so I used 1-1/4 cup buttermilk. Batter was still too thick. I didn't add more buttermilk; I was afraid I'd throw off the formula for the 1 tablespoon baking powder. Yes, I used baking powder even though I shouldn't. I wanted to make pancakes for dinner, then store batter in refrigerator overnight to cook off in the morning for the freezer. I was afraid the baking soda/cream of tartar wouldn't fare well in the batter overnight.

Italiancook
            Participant

Mike, you may have already thought of this and rejected the idea, but:

When I want soup from the freezer, sometimes I put the container on the counter for half an hour to loosen the sides of the frozen soup from the container. Then I dump the frozen blob of soup into a pan. I turn the heat on low, put on a lid, and let the soup slowly thaw and heat. This is not an instantaneous way to acquire soup, but for us, it usually beats waiting until the next day via the refrigerator.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Oh, I could have always defrosted it in the microwave, but we had pizza and lasagna left over from last night, and lots of salad. So I had two slices of pizza and some salad and my wife had a slice of lasagna plus some salad.

I also had a cinnamon spiratzi with a little of the dipping sauce (sugar/cinnamon) on it.

cwcdesign
                Participant

Joan, I am so sorry to hear you got COVID again! Aaargh on your behalf. I hope you get better quickly.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

For lunch I made an asparagus, red bell pepper omelet.
                    For dinner I roasted a salmon filet and had it with fettuccini and kale.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.