What are you Cooking the Week of January 15, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of January 15, 2023?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

It is great to see you posting again, Italian Cook!

I made a throw-together soup for lunch on Friday to use some of the broth I had to defrost to get freezer space. I sauteed onion in olive oil, then added the mushrooms, then garlic, then a can of petite diced tomatoes, along with thinly sliced carrot, then the 3 cups of turkey broth and a teaspoon of Penzey's Tuscan Sunset. I also used a half cup of shaped pasta and added pepper at the end. I have enough for additional lunches.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Italiancook,thank you for the prayers for my husband ,after quitting for 6 months he has started back.Everytime I hear him cough I just want to shake my head.It is a strong addiction ,so glad I never smoked.Glad to see you posting again too!

I've swept three times ,damp mopped and vacuumed ,hope all the glass is gone.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

My brother continued to smoke after lung cancer surgery, and my wife's stepmother kept on smoking until the day she died of lung/brain cancer. Neither lived to age 70.

For many people it's nearly impossible to quit smoking, there are apparently some genetic factors that impact nicotine addiction. Vaping is apparently almost as hard to quit and might lead to some medical conditions that are worse than those caused by smoking.

What worries me most about the creeping decriminalization of marijuana is that the research is starting to show marijuana smoke has many of the same toxic substances as tobacco smoke, and that doesn't take into effect what THC does to the body and mind over time. (But the long term effects of alcohol use have been known for a long time, and alcohol has been around for millennia.)

Joan Simpson
          Participant

No cooking here tonight we went to a local seafood restaurant and had a wonderful shrimp supper.

I agree with you Mike on the vaping and marijuana use.

BakerAunt
            Participant

Saturday night's dinner was Oven Crisped Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar Sauce and coleslaw.

Joan--many smokers try multiple times to quit before they finally succeed. I hope your husband will give it another try.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.