What are you Cooking the Week of February 18, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of February 18, 2024?

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We had leftover farro, chicken, vegetable stir-fry.

BakerAunt
      Participant

We finished off the farro stir-fry for dinner on Friday. As there was not enough for two, we supplemented with roasted sweet potato chunks and microwaved fresh broccoli.

RiversideLen
        Participant

I made bone in chicken breasts. Had one with rice and fresh carrot and canned peas.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I made more low-carb custard Friday. At Diane's suggestion, I added more vanilla. She thinks it's better that way.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Tonight I'm trying a recipe for a cauliflower pizza crust, with assorted toppings.

BakerAunt
              Participant

On Saturday, I roasted my last spaghetti squash (a Golden Arrow variety), then used it to make a spaghetti squash "lasagna" (really a casserole) in which it is layered with a tomato meat sauce, then sprinkled with mozzarella and Parmesan before baking. The tomato sauce is from some I froze this summer. We had it with microwaved frozen peas. There is enough for two more meals.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

The cauliflower crust pizza was a mixed success, it was edible but I wouldn't say it was delicious. However, I can think of several things I could do to make it better next time.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Last night I went with sister-in-law and 2 cousins to see Ordinary Angels,really a good movie afterwards we went to Cheddars it was OK nothing special, tonight I was with friends and we had hot dogs, chips and smoked deer sausage.

BakerAunt
                    Participant
                      Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We both loved the cartoon!

The challenge I've set for myself is to see if I can come up with a repertoire of keto-friendly dishes that people would actually enjoy eating, regardless of whether they're trying to go keto or not. (Things like steaks and salads are too easy.)

So far the ones that have been the biggest hits are the keto-friendly cheese souffle with mushroom sauce (that could easily be turned into mushroom soup) and the keto-friendly egg custard. I'd feel comfortable serving either of those dishes at a dinner with friends.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.