What are You Cooking the Week of February 11, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of February 11, 2018?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We are going to have the rest of the leftover stew tonight, but for those of you cooking Sunday dinner, here is the thread.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

We are having left over roast beef for sandwiches and french fries.Easy.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We're having tacos.

cwcdesign
          Participant

I cooked a half bag of noodles left over from turkey soup. Then I tossed them with some butter, goat cheese, Parmesan cheese and leftover chopped roasted asparagus. It was just right for Sunday night.

skeptic7
            Participant

I did Pumpkin Biryani with half of a small pumpkin. I cut the recipe in 1/4, it was designed for 4 small pumpkins. The savory mixture of onions and spices and green pepper fit well in my half pumpkin. I had to use aluminum foil to create a support for the pumpkin to keep the cut side up, and cover the pumpkin with aluminum foil.
              This was very interesting and tasty. A little too spicy I was eating bland crackers and extra yogurt to tone down the spice.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/recipes/biryani-stuffed-pumpkins/16169/

RiversideLen
              Participant

Tonight I made a top round roast, roasted it at 225 degrees. Came out real nice.

navlys
                Participant

We has tacos. Penzeys Spicy Taco mix is the best.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

I made dry lima beans,ham out of the freezer,and rice with corn bread cooked on top of the stove like corn cakes. Tonight I plan on all the left overs going in lima bean soup for supper.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Dinner tonight is salmon baked with dill and couscous, and steamed broccoli on the side.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

I made a red lentil soup today. Came out pretty good, I hadn't made red lentils before. Used a recipe from allrecipes, Lentil Soup with Lemon

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

I need to try the baked salmon and couscous recipe, but I'll have to scale it down for one, because my wife doesn't like salmon. (When we have fish, I have salmon and she has orange roughy.)

chocomouse
                          Participant

Last night I cooked chicken thighs in a maple-mustard sauce, with baked potatoes and buttercup squash. Tonight I made a pork roast in the tagine, with potatoes, carrots, and onions. The flavors (cumin, coriander, cinnamon, ginger, paprika, tumeric) for the Moroccan style cooking are quite different from our usual, but very good.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

We had filet mignon, with a baked potato, sauteed mushrooms and a tossed salad. For dessert we have some really sweet strawberries.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

Tonight we had smoked pork chops,rice with tomato gravy and garden pea salad.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

I had a bit of leftover ground turkey from last night's pizza, and I had the drippings from last week's roasted chicken legs with sweet potatoes, maple, and rosemary. I sautéed onion, celery, sliced carrots, and mushrooms in the drippings, then added the cooked ground turkey. I added 4 cups of turkey broth from the freezer, 3/4 cup mixed dried lentils, and 1/2 cup pearl barley. I seasoned with 1/2 tsp. dried sage. After bringing it to a boil on the regular stove, I let it simmer for an hour on the wood stove for a late lunch.

Addendum: The flavor was delightfully tinged with the sweet potato and maple syrup from the drippings.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by BakerAunt.
                                  • This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by BakerAunt.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.