What are you Cooking the Week of December 4, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of December 4, 2022?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I made stir-fry for Thursday's dinner using the leftover boneless pork chops from last night, soba noodles, carrots, celery, green onion, mushrooms, broccoli, a bit of green bell pepper, and the deglazing from cooking the pork.

chocomouse
      Participant

We had leftovers - taco stuffed spaghetti squash.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Leftovers tonight here, too.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I improvised a chili for lunch on Friday. After sauteing onion, turnip greens, and minced garlic in olive oil, I added a can of tomatoes with Hatch chilis and 15 oz. of cooked black beans from my freezer. It needed more flavor, so I added 1 tsp. Penzey's Arizona seasoning, 1 Tbs. tomato paste, and ½ tsp. each sugar and cider vinegar. I have enough for two more lunches.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We had baked pork chops tonight, they were a little tougher than I was expecting them to be. Next time I may try marinating them in buttermilk for a few hours, that's supposed to make them more tender.

We also had salad with some fresh Thousand Island dressing.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Thankful here my husband started feeling better yesterday and we went grocery shopping today.I do all the shopping he stays in the truck and puts them in and carries them in the house.No naps for him today and he's eating lots better.He has lost a lot of weight and muscle so praying that will come back.Today was the first time he's been to town in about a month or more.

We went out for shrimp tonight at a local restaurant and was really good.

chocomouse
                Participant

Our dinner tonight was liver, pan-fried potatoes and onions, and broccoli.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I'm glad to hear that your husband is doing better, Joan.

I have a great recipe for a spaghetti squash "lasagna," but it does not agree with my husband's digestive system, mostly due to the tomato sauce. I decided on Saturday to see if I could create a milk-based sauce and make a spaghetti squash-turkey-mushroom "lasagna." I did a mash-up of my first recipe with the Turkey, Spinach, and Mushroom Lasagna recipe I have made twice this fall--omitting the ricotta cheese and adding some minced parsley. For the spices, I used 1 tsp. dried sage, 1 tsp. dehydrated onion, and some freshly ground pepper. We liked the taste and texture, so I will make it again. Spaghetti squash were plentiful at the farmers' market this autumn.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Thank you BakerAunt,my husband is doing so much better.

We had hamburger steaks and fries for supper.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.