What are You Cooking the Week of August 29, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of August 29, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    kimbob
    Participant

Had 2 ears of corn yesterday for dinner. Husband had a sabrett hot dog with fries. Today made yogurt. Dinner was 4 cheese mac and cheese with bacon in it.

Janiebakes
      Participant

Had pasta out of a box and sauce out of the jar. Leaving early tomorrow for Baltimore. My younger son is finally getting married. Delayed a year due to the pandemic.
        In trying to use up everything before we go I had to deal with a bunch of very small cukes. The vines have given up the ghost and lots of gerkin sized fruit left. I made up a basic brine, about half vinegar and half water. Added salt, peppercorns, bay leaf and garlic. Boiled it and poured over the cukes. Also added 3 green beans hiding in the fridge. Not worried about the acidity since these pickles are going to live out their lives in the fridge.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We had sliders done on the outdoor grill.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

We had fried cubed pork,thickened potatoes and leftover peas with snaps.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I had a breaded chicken sandwich, mashed taters, broccoli and carrots.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

I went to visit my sister today,took her some banana bread.Her daughter and granddaughter came and we all sat outside and visited about 2 hours.We all enjoyed the visit.

No cooking here tonight all leftovers of chicken-n-dressing,butter beans,beets and cranberry sauce.

BakerAunt
                Participant

How wonderful to have such a nice visit with your sister, Joan!

For Thursday's dinner, I roasted a chicken, which we had with the rest of the freekeh stir-fry and microwaved fresh broccoli.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We had tuna melts last night. I might have to make marbled rye bread soon, I slice it and freeze it, and there may not be enough left for another round of tuna melts.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Friday's dinner will be leftover roast chicken, sweet corn, and microwaved fresh green beans from our garden.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

We had baked pork tenderloin,broccoli and cheese sauce and candied sweet potatoes.

RiversideLen
                        Participant

Yesterday I made chicken sloppy Joes. Tonight I'm adding more tomato sauce to the leftover chicken mix to make it into pasta sauce and will have it with bow tie pasta. Plus cauliflower and carrot.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

We had a bunch of eggs that I had hard boiled a few days ago that needed to be used up, so we had egg salad and deviled eggs.

chocomouse
                            Participant

We enjoyed a perfect summer evening grilling on the deck. We had "sweet and spicy" sausages with roasted red peppers and onions, with horseradish mustard on THE Burger Buns.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

We had hamburger steaks and fries.

Mike I hope your wife is doing well with her shoulder and the physical therapy.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

I did an eye of round with some mashed potatoes and gravy for supper tonight.

Her shoulder and arm are improving slowly (though her physical therapist thinks it is going faster than he anticipated), but an hour of therapy really wears her out.

The orthopedist thought the X-rays looked good on Friday, one more follow-up X-ray next month.

She may be having therapy for another two months.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.