What are you Cooking the Week of August 2, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of August 2, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Probably burgers on the grill for us tonight.

Spread the word
      cwcdesign
      Participant

Will's turn to try the burgers tonight along with the no knead cheese burger buns I had put in the fridge, sweet potato fries and peas and/or avocado. It's raining right now but should be done by around 6. It's not connected to the tropical storm which should pass offshore in the early hours of the morning. We should have rain, wind and thunderstorms most of the day tomorrow

S_Wirth
        Participant

Carol...glad you're not expecting bad storms from the tropical storms along FL/GA. I was afraid they might get to your area.

BakerAunt
          Participant

On Sunday, I made another batch of yogurt.

Dinner tonight was leftover turkey, microwaved fresh broccoli, and sweet corn. There is more sweet corn in our future meals because the people who have the house on our north have a farm, and they brought us some more sweet corn today. 🙂

cwcdesign
            Participant

Storm appears to be going way offshore. We’re supposed to get heavy winds late morning to early afternoon but it sounds like no rain at this point

Italiancook
              Participant

On Saturday, I made Deviled Short Ribs from Cook-Ahead Cookery and a batch of fresh green beans. We've been eating those with a potato this week.

BakeAunt, I took a page from your book with the beans. After I put the beans in a container, I had quite a bit of broth left. In the past, I would have tossed it. But you often post about using leftover liquids for other purposes. My go-to pot roast recipe uses 2 cups vegetable liquid. Normally, I use the liquid from the cans of vegetables I also partially put into the roasting pan. This time, I saved a pint of the green bean broth for the freezer for the next pot roast. Thanks! The roast will be more delicious than normal.

chocomouse
                Participant

burgers and corn on the cob!

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I made pesto to use on a pizza. I have a boatload of basil and wanted to find some use for it.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

we had tacos

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

We had pork tenderloin,cooked cabbage and thickened potatoes.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

We had leftover spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast and lettuce and tomato salad.

chocomouse
                          Participant

Dinner was omelets, with ham, cheese, peppers, and onion; and English muffins. Tropical storm Isaias has arrived! Winds are now 30's mph, rain, some heavy and some not so much. I expect we'll lose power soon, as there are reports of numerous trees down.
                            Tornado warnings, but nothing sighted so far.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

Stay safe, Chocomouse.

I made another batch of blackberry jam on Tuesday afternoon. This time I used four cups of seeded blackberries and an additional tablespoon of sugar to the 2 cups. I got three 8 oz. and one 4 oz. jar that I canned. I put the extra 3 oz. in a small jar in the refrigerator. Although my Bell jam maker claims their recipes make four jars, I have rarely, if ever, gotten four jars out of the recipe.

Tuesday’s dinner was stir-fry, made with leftover turkey, soba noodles, snow peas and red bell pepper from our garden, carrots, celery, green onion, and mushrooms, along with a bit of the drippings left from when the turkey was roasted. We also each had an ear of sweet corn.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

We had steak with young and tender sweet corn.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

Tonight we had pan fried cubed pork,dry lima beans,rice and tomato gravy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.