What are you Cooking the Week of August 2, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of August 2, 2020?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We had leftover stir-fry and another ear of sweet corn each.

chocomouse
      Participant

We had pork kebobs, corn on the cob, and the last of the potato salad and cole slaw.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I made a stir fry tonight.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Tonight I baked half of a beef roast with potatoes,carrots and onions in my speckled granite roasting pan.So good and tender.

BakerAunt
            Participant

Ah, those roasting pans are so neat, Joan!

I made minestrone for Thursday’s dinner using leftover potato water from the freezer and the drippings from the turkey we roasted last week. Vegetables were carrots, celery, dried onion, garlic, a yellow and a green zucchini, fresh green beans from our garden, Penzey’s dried parsley, a can of tomatoes and a can of cannellini beans. I forgot the bay leaf. My husband does not care for basil, so I left it out.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

BakerAunt that pan is one of my favorites I have a small one and a large one.

Today I made salisbury steaks with gravy ,mashed potatoes and green beans.

RiversideLen
                Participant

Yesterday I cooked some ground chicken, added some diced fresh tomato, onion and sweet red pepper, a little pasta sauce and called it Sloppy Joe and had a sandwich. Tonight I'm going to add the rest of the sauce from the jar and have it with pasta.

chocomouse
                  Participant

Dinner tonight was chicken kebobs, corn on the cob, steamed summer squash, and cukes.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

It's hot here 92*-F feels like 102*-heat index,we had grilled cheese and soup.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

I made another batch of yogurt on Saturday.

chocomouse
                        Participant

We had chicken fajitas, with sides of summer squash and cucumbers in place of the more traditional beans, rice and guacamole. However, the margarita was authentic!

cwcdesign
                          Participant

Chocomouse how did you fare in the storm? I have a friend in CT who had a large tree branch on her roof - no power.

Will did all the cooking last week. He has been such a wonderful support

chocomouse
                            Participant

We ended up not getting much of a storm at my house. Heavy winds, no trees down, lost power for 5-10 minutes, about .38 inches of rain, not nearly enough to help the drought. However, some sections of town had many trees and power lines down. We were lucky.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.