What are you Cooking the Week of August 15, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of August 15, 2021?

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Your chicken dish sounds good Cwcdesign.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

We had taco salad tonight,my easy meal.

I went for a visit with my sister.We sat on the porch of the home and enjoyed the short visit.Took her cookies,a piece of coconut pie and candies and she was one happy lady.Covid is in the home but they are monitoring them very good and when one is positive for covid they are put on an isolated wing from the rest.Keeping my fingers crossed for her.She looked very good.Thanks to all for your prayers.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I'm so glad you were able to visit with your sister, Joan. I'm sure that the home baked goodies will speed her recovery.

On Friday, we are having one of my easy dinner meals, Salmon and Couscous with Penzey's Greek Seasoning, along with microwaved frozen vegetables.

cwcdesign
          Participant

Joan, I’m so glad you got to see your sister. I bet that was better medicine for her than all the goodies! Will keep healthy thoughts that she avoids this insidious thing.

Every time you mention taco salad, I remind myself I need to make one

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had oyster stew today.
              Always keep quick fix meal Taco salad is one I can get done in 20 minutes.

BakerAunt
              Participant

I talked my husband out of pea soup (prefer to save it for a cooler day and to use the array of farmer's market fresh vegetables) in favor of the brown and red lentils, the split green and yellow peas, and barley that make up the Bob’s Red Mill Vegi Soup combo. I add carrots, celery, a red and a purple bell pepper from the farmer’s market, sliced mushrooms, ground turkey, zucchini (farmer's market), chicken/turkey broth, garlic (farmer's market), and Penzey’s Ozark seasoning. It is not exactly soup weather, but we had it with the rest of the bean salad over a lettuce mix from the farmer’s market.

I also found strawberries at the farmer's market, which we will have with dessert.

chocomouse
                Participant

We had corn on the cob, summer squash, and marinated cucumbers for dinner. That was a quick change in the menu -- I decided to save all the cold items, leftover salads, BLTs, for Sunday and Monday, in case we lose power in the storm. I hope anyone in the area of Henri stays safe (Len? maybe).

RiversideLen
                  Participant

Chocomouse, I'm near Chicago, I'm not expecting a visit from Henri. But thanks for the thoughts. I hope you don't lose power, I truly hate that.

I braised some chicken thighs in my tomato sauce and had it with pasta and cauliflower and carrots.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We had a stir fry tonight.

chocomouse
                      Participant

Sorry I moved you Len! But good to know you are not in the storm path. So far, we're fine here, on the northern edge of Henri predictions. No rain, not a drop. Breezy, like 7-8 mph winds, kind of nice in this heat.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.