What are you Cooking the Week of August 15, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of August 15, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

I made chicken and dumplings and green beans.The dumplings were OK to me but my husband didn't like them he thought they were too thick.I knew before I made them he wasn't going to like them,he found a recipe he wanted me to use.

Thanks for the well wishes for my sister,she seems to be doing better.

BakerAunt
      Participant

I'm glad your sister is doing better, Joan.

I made yogurt on Tuesday.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We're having smoked pork chop leftover blackeyed peas,rice,corn bread,pickled onion and coconut pie

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Fish and broccoli tonight

chocomouse
            Participant

We had Philly cheese steak sandwiches and corn on the cob.

Janiebakes
              Participant

I made yogurt today too. Thirteen one cup jars. Lunch was tacos with meat grilled on Sunday and dinner was fried eggs with the last of the tomato basil bread. Making NYT's cheesy white bean bake for tomorrow's lunch. Son and granddaughters visiting.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I made buffalo meat balls (ground buffalo), had it with some pasta and the last of the tomato sauce I made last week and broccoli. I need to make a new batch of tomato sauce and freeze some.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

My wife had her first PT appointment on her shoulder today, and it wore her out, so she had soup and I had a couple of hot dogs. The fish will last another day, it was in the freezer until late last night.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

I pan fried us a hamburger patty,mashed sour cream potatoes and cooked carrots with sliced tomatoes.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

On Wednesday, I used our bounty of green beans to make, again, the salad that I made last week (posted a link for it) from Edible Michiana. We really like it. As I did last time, I replaced the chickpeas my husband cannot eat with black-eyed peas, and I used 1 tsp. Penzey’s Sandwich Sprinkle in place of 1 Tbs. fresh oregano. I added a sliced scallion this time in place of shallot. We had it with leftover Tarragon Chicken with Rice and Mushrooms.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We did have the fish and broccoli tonight.

RiversideLen
                          Participant

I made sauce from 5 pounds of tomatoes, reserved some for the next few days and froze the rest. Had it with leftover meatballs and pasta.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

I pan fried some cubed pork,potato salad and lima beans.

chocomouse
                              Participant

Assortment of salads tonight: seafood, broccoli, bean, marinated cucumbers, leftover potato.

cwcdesign
                                Participant

We had leftover slow cooker buffalo chicken (that I made yesterday) with roasted cauliflower, spinach, blue cheese and chopped scallions. It was nice - we hadn’t had it in a long time.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.