What are you Cooking the Week of August 11, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking β€” (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of August 11, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

I had 2 slaw dogs with a cup of chocolate pudding.

chocomouse
      Participant

I made an orzo-spinach-feta salad for my husband to take to a pot-luck dinner. Don't know what I'll have, but leftover potato salad for sure. I'm leaving for a week in Maine in the morning, and don't want to leave a lot of leftovers for my husband to finish off because they will still be in the fridge when I get back!!

BakerAunt
        Participant

I made stir-fry for dinner on Wednesday using soba noodles and leftover pork from last night, along with the pan de-glazing. Vegetables were celery, red bell pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, and snow peas from our garden. We did not have much of a snow pea crop this year, but we accumulated enough for about a hand full.

navlys
          Participant

I made the orzo and shrimp salad that I posted a while ago. I substituted cilantro for the parsley and added thai basil. Delicious if I say so myself!

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Y'alls salads sounds good.Chocomouse I hope you have a good trip and enjoy!I understand about the leftovers for your husband πŸ™‚

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We're having salami-and-tomato sandwiches.

BakerAunt
                Participant

I had planned to re-heat the stir-fry for dinner on Thursday, but it is a cooler, rainy day, and I had picked up a marked down chicken at the grocery on Tuesday, so I roasted it for dinner. I also roasted sweet potato chunks tossed in olive oil. Dinner was completed by leftover green bean, cherry tomatoes, and feta salad.

cwcdesign
                  Participant

It's still so hot that i brought home a couple of blackened chicken breasts from work, picked up some salad mix and tomatoes so Will could make a salad for dinner - he also toasted croutons.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

Yesterday I made tostadas with beans, beef and cheddar. Had it with broccoli and an ear of corn.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

We had leftover stir-fry for Friday's dinner.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We had tacos/taco salads

RiversideLen
                          Participant

Macaroni with meat sauce and a salad.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

I had a salad with corn on the cob.

RiversideLen
                              Participant

I did the easy thing today and had Chinese delivery. General Tsao's Chicken, chicken fried rice and won ton soup. Have enough left for tomorrow's lunch.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

I made chicken broth on Saturday by boiling up the bones from the chicken I roasted earlier in the week, as well as bones save from roasted bone-in chicken breasts.

We had an easy meal of leftovers on Saturday of roasted chicken, the rest of the green beans, cherry tomato, and feta salad, and the leftover roasted sweet potato chunks.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.