What are You Cooking the Week of April 26, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of April 26, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We had thick crust sourdough pizza for Sunday dinner.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

We had boneless ribs cooked till tender with BBQ sauce for gravy over rice and macaroni salad and yes I know we had two starches lol.

chocomouse
        Participant

We had ham and potato soup, a recipe I just found a couple weeks ago -it was delicious and I'll make it again. More snow forecast for tonight, but it won't last long.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We had burgers on the grill with steamed broccoli.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I had leftover sloppy joe meat over rice, brussels sprouts, cauliflower and carrot.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

BLT's tonight

chocomouse
                Participant

We had cheese and veggie omelets with English muffins.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Tonight we had leftover BBQ smoked chicken,baked potatoes and corn.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

We had the leftover sourdough pan pizza.

navlys
                      Participant

Had to empty out fridge and freezer for our return home to Pa. I had some ground beef,frozen corn an one large russet baking potato. Shepherd's pie was a no brainer.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

We had hamburgers and fries for supper.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

Have a safe trip back, Navlys.

For Tuesday night dinner I roasted eight chicken thighs. I had bought some silicone racks from Oxo and I put the chicken on those rather than a metal rack, although I still sprayed them with olive oil. The fat dripped off, and the clean-up of rack and pan was easy, especially since I lined the roasting pan with parchment. I also discovered, about two weeks ago that my oven, in addition to a "bake" setting has a "roast" setting. I used it, and the chicken skin crisped nicely. I also roasted cut-up potatoes tossed in olive oil and sprinkled with Penzey's Bavarian seasoning. I did those in my countertop oven. We also had microwaved fresh green beans.

chocomouse
                            Participant

We had leftover ham-potato soup and olive-gruyere rolls.

RiversideLen
                              Participant

I had Italian sausage which I cooked in a fry pan with some onion, then made a gravy, had it with barley and cauliflower and carrots. It was pretty good.

Italiancook
                                Participant

We had leftover pizza that my husband heated in the oven instead of the microwave. So much better! In January, we purchased a pizza in a neighboring community and brought it home. The instructions on the box said that to reheat pizza, but it on a pan in the oven. Turn oven to 375 degrees, and when oven reaches temp, the pizza is reheated. That was for a thin pizza. Because our pizza had a medium-thick crust, he let it go an extra 2 minutes and it was perfect. Much better method than the microwave.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.