What are You Cooking the Week of April 19, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of April 19, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We had a “second Easter” dinner on Sunday. I made maple-glazed pork tenderloin and mashed potatoes. We also had microwaved frozen mixed vegetables.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

We had artichokes for supper, a bit light on carbs but delicious.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We had leftover hamburger soup and pimento cheese sandwiches.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I started a big batch of sauerkraut in my new 4 gallon crock on Sunday, I've got between 11 and 12 pounds of cabbage in it, as it compresses down I plan to add more cabbage in the next day or two. It started out about 3/4 full, by this morning it was below half full. I've got around 30 pounds of cabbage to work with, I may wind up starting another batch in the 1 gallon crock just to use more of it up.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Tonight we had leftover lima beans, fresh potato salad and sausages.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Tonight I fried cubed venison steak,steamed cabbage and macaroni and cheese,I also made a pistachio fluff or Watergate Salad as some call it,it was easy and good.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I made a pot roast (haven't made that in decades), barley and broccoli.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We had fish with broccoli tonight.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

I cut up 4 more heads of cabbage for sauerkraut today, some I added to the four-gallon crock to top it off, since it had compressed down to below the half way point. The rest I put in the one-gallon after cleaning and sanitizing it. This gives me around 24 pounds of sauerkraut in the crocks, plus 2 pounds or so left from the last batch. We're enjoying having fresh kraut on hand and we've promised some of it to a friend.

Italiancook
                      Participant

Yesterday, I made roasted chicken with mashed potatoes & frozen broccoli. Enough chicken for tomorrow. Today, I made a batch of cinnamon pancakes for my lunch and the freezer, and a plain batch for my husband. I'm unsure what he did with his. I only made his batter; he cooked them. Last I saw, they were cooling.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We had kraut dogs for supper tonight.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

I have leftover potato water from Sunday’s mashed potatoes, so the Soup du Jour for luncheon, beginning on Thursday makes use of it. As usual, I sautéed chopped onion, celery, and carrots. I added some minced garlic before adding the potato water, a 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes with juice, about ½ cup black beans that I found in one of the freezers, and 1/3 cup of farro. I added ½ tsp. sugar and ¼ tsp. of Penzey’s Pico and Salsa seasoning. I brought it to a boil, then simmered for 30 minutes. It needed something, so I added ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce, then dissolved ½ tsp. Penzey’s beef base in ¼ cup of hot water and added it.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

We had hamburger steaks with sauteed onions and french fries.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

I made a batch of yogurt on Thursday.

For dinner, I made a soba noodle-vegetable-shrimp stir-fry with carrots, celery, mushrooms, and broccoli.

chocomouse
                                Participant

Tacos for dinner tonight.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.