What are You Baking the Week of October 8, 2017?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are You Baking the Week of October 8, 2017?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    aaronatthedoublef
    Participant

Thanks for the tips. I know I prefer all butter over butter and shortening. I'll look at some of these recipes. I've always wanted to try lard, too but then my wife wouldn't eat it (not that she eats pies anyway).

cwcdesign
      Participant

Yesterday I made a Chocolate Eclipse Cake to take to some friends' house for dinner.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Since what you're thinking about making is similar to a petit four, this KAF blog post on petit fours might help, freezing the cake before cutting it may cut down on crumbs.

Petit Four Blog Post

The petit four cutters we have are about 2 inches deep, which is a good half inch deeper than any other cookie/biscuit cutters we have.

BakerAunt
          Participant

KAF is also now selling 4-inch and 6-inch round pans. I actually found a nice set of each at T.J. Maxx when we lived in Texas. I've made some sets of 4-inch versions of 8-inch cakes.

skeptic7
            Participant

It was cool enough Saturday October 14th to do some baking. I did whole wheat scones with diced apples. Very good.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.